Northrop Grumman Staff Systems Engineer - GPS and Navigation Research in Woodland Hills, California
At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
The Engineering & Sciences (E&S) organization pushes the boundaries of innovation, redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various sciences. Our team is chartered with providing the skills, innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of our mission!
The Positioning Navigation Timing (PNT) team at Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) is looking for you to join our team as a Staff Systems Engineer - GPS and Navigation Research based out of Woodland Hills, CA. We are seeking a Navigation Research Systems Engineer to provide technical leadership of navigation research and development programs for military applications. This individual will join a highly capable technical team, work in close collaboration with Government R&D organizations to develop advanced navigation technologies, and support transition of those technologies to production. This individual's focus area will be RF signal processing and sensing for navigation, including GPS, GNSS and other RF signals, in support of maintaining accurate, reliable positioning, navigation, and timing (PNT) information in contested environments.
What you'll get to do:
• Conceptual development for RF PNT systems, design and implementation of tracking/filtering algorithms.
• Specification and oversight of hardware/firmware/software requirements and implementations.
• System test and verification.
• Design and oversight of flight demonstration.
• Presentations to internal and external groups.
• Support proposal activities.
• Representing Northrop Grumman at technical conferences and working groups.
• B.S.in Electrical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering or related discipline with 14 years of experience; M.S. in Electrical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering or related discipline with 12 years of experience; Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering or related discipline with 9 years of experience.
• Must have a demonstrated track record of innovation and accomplishment in PNT with deep knowledge of RF systems as applied to PNT.
• Knowledge of principles of GPS and RF technology.
• Demonstrated experience in GNSS receiver design and implementation.
• The ability to obtain a security clearance.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Self-motivated, capable of working independently.
• Knowledge of principles of navigation, including inertial navigation, aided navigation, and Kalman filtering.
• Experience with related timekeeping systems (e.g. oscillators, atomic frequency standards, frequency metrology).
• Experience with related RF systems (e.g. comms, electronic warfare).
• Experience working Government-funded R&D programs.
• Proficiency with C/C++, MATLAB/Simulink, VHDL.
• Security clearance with current background investigation.
What We Can Offer You:
Northrop Grumman provides a comprehensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages your growth and supports the mutual success of our people and our company. Northrop Grumman benefits give you the flexibility and control to choose the benefits that make the most sense for you and your family. Your package will include the following:
• Health Plan
• Savings Plan
• Paid Time Off
• Additional benefits
o Education Assistance
o Training and Development
Additional Northrop Grumman Information:
Northrop Grumman has approximately 85,000 employees in all 50 states and in more than 25 countries, we strive to attract and retain the best employees by providing an inclusive work environment wherein employees are receptive to diverse ideas, perspectives and talents to help solve our toughest customer challenges: to develop and maintain some of the most technically sophisticated products, programs and services in the world.
Our Values. The women and men of Northrop Grumman Corporation are guided by Our Values. They describe our company as we want it to be. We want our decisions and actions to demonstrate these Values. We believe that putting Our Values into practice creates long-term benefits for shareholders, customers, employees, suppliers, and the communities we serve.
Our Responsibility. At Northrop Grumman, we are committed to maintaining the highest of ethical standards, embracing diversity and inclusion, protecting the environment, and striving to be an ideal corporate citizen in the community and in the world.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Engineering