Northrop Grumman Project Management Analyst or Principal Project Management Analyst in Woodland Hills, California
At the heart of Defining Possible is our commitment to missions. In rapidly changing global security environments, Northrop Grumman brings informed insights and software-secure technology to enable strategic planning. We're looking for innovators who can help us keep building on our wide portfolio of secure, affordable, integrated, and multi-domain systems and technologies that fuel those missions. By joining in our shared mission, we'll support yours of expanding your personal network and developing skills, whether you are new to the field or an industry thought-leader. At Northrop Grumman, you'll have the resources, support, and team to do some of the best work of your career.
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is a trusted provider of mission-enabling solutions for global security. Our Engineering and Sciences (E&S) organization pushes the boundaries of innovation, redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various sciences. Our team is chartered with providing the skills, innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of our mission!
We are looking for you to join our Data & Process Control team as a Project Analyst or Principal Project Management Analyst based out of Woodland Hills, CA. As a Project Analyst at Northrop Grumman you will have a challenging and rewarding opportunity to be a part of our Enterprise-wide digital transformation. Through the use of Model-based Engineering, DevSecOps and Agile practices we continue to evolve how we deliver critical national defense products and capabilities for the warfighter. Our success is grounded in our ability to embrace change, move quickly and continuously drive innovation. The successful candidate will be collaborative, open, transparent, and team-oriented with a focus on team empowerment & shared responsibility, flexibility, continuous learning, and a culture of automation.
What you'll get to do:
• Handle Technical Problem Summaries (TPS's) in close coordination with the applicable Systems Engineering Integration & Test (SEIT) Lead and program team to ensure technical / non-technical process issues affecting various product lines are handled in an effective and timely manner.
• In support of the SEIT Lead, assign actions to Engineering organizations in both Woodland Hills, CA and Salt Lake City, UT and authorize budget and provide work orders to resolve technical and process problems.
• Process and coordinate the initial release of new factory SIL / test equipment (hardware & software), tooling and test procedures and do the same for all ongoing changes to these documents.
• Process and coordinate the release of new Prime Hardware (Product) drawings packages (including Prime Software) and do the same for all ongoing changes to these documents.
• Identify the different types of drawings (i.e. detailed drawings, assembly drawings, arrangement drawings).
• Work with affected engineering groups to provide guidance on drawing / family tree development.
• Multi-task through an occasional high stress environment to support engineering releases to achieve sales / program goals.
• Work daily with complex engineering documentation management systems such as Matrix/PDM (Enovia) and ISE.
• Gain an understanding of the business and customer priorities and expedite processing & coordination where needed.
• Ensure compliance to applicable Command Media.
This requisition may be filled at higher grade level based on the following qualifications
• Bachelor's degree and 3 years of relevant experience; Master's degree and 1 year experience; or 7 years relevant experience in-lieu of a degree.
• Bachelor's degree and 6 years of relevant experience; Master's degree and 4 years of relevant experience; or 10 years of relevant experience in-lieu of a degree.
• Experience with the processing of Engineering Changes (i.e. Technical Problem Summaries (TPS's) and Revision Notices (RN's)).
• Solid planning and organizational skills, as well as attention to detail.
• Strong verbal communication and customer service skills in a teamwork environment.
• Experience with Cisco Matrix and Identity Services Engine (ISE).
• Experience with Configuration Management principles.
• General knowledge of electrical and mechanical systems and manufacturing processes.
• Knowledge of SharePoint and 1ERP.
• Possess a rudimentary understanding of the indenturing structure (i.e. detailed drawings lead to assembly drawings, which can lead to module drawings).
• Possess a basic understanding of drawing re-identification criteria such as dash number "rolls" vs. going to a new basic drawing number for a mandatory non-re-workable change.
What We Can Offer You:
Northrop Grumman provides a comprehensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages your growth and supports the mutual success of our people and our company. Northrop Grumman benefits give you the flexibility and control to choose the benefits that make the most sense for you and your family. Your package will include the following:
• Health Plan
• Savings Plan
• Paid Time Off
• Additional benefits
o Education Assistance
o Training and Development
Additional Northrop Grumman Information:
Northrop Grumman has approximately 85,000 employees in all 50 states and in more than 25 countries, we strive to attract and retain the best employees by providing an inclusive work environment wherein employees are receptive to diverse ideas, perspectives and talents to help solve our toughest customer challenges: to develop and maintain some of the most technically sophisticated products, programs and services in the world.
Our Values. The women and men of Northrop Grumman Corporation are guided by Our Values. They describe our company as we want it to be. We want our decisions and actions to demonstrate these Values. We believe that putting Our Values into practice creates long-term benefits for shareholders, customers, employees, suppliers, and the communities we serve.
Our Responsibility. At Northrop Grumman, we are committed to maintaining the highest of ethical standards, embracing diversity and inclusion, protecting the environment, and striving to be an ideal corporate citizen in the community and in the world.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Program Management