Northrop Grumman Mgr Programs 2 in Woodland Hills, California
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems and technology that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they are making history.
Northrop Grumman's Mission Systems sector is looking for a Manager, Programs Level 2 to support the Navigation and Positioning Systems Program Management Team.
The primary objective will be the delivery of all contractual requirements on cost and on schedule, while achieving all technical requirements and creating customer intimacy to support value creation strategies and actions. The individual will lead a cross-functional organization aligned to common program performance goals.
Program Managers are responsible for leading all phases of the program life cycle from inception (proposal development) through startup, execution, and completion (contract closeout). Primary responsibilities are the management of cost, schedule, and technical performance of company programs or subsystems and include, but are not limited to:
• Cultivating customer relationships and intimacy to develop further opportunities within the customer community
• Developing new business opportunities through long term strategic planning, capture planning, and development of proposals and business plans
• Establishing a program organization that effectively addresses customer requirements and incorporates the necessary internal and external sub-organizations
• Leading and directing cross-functional Integrated Program Teams (IPT) to meet program cost, schedule and technical performance objectives
• Measuring and reporting program performance
• Delivering presentations to customers, executive management and other program stakeholders
• Participating in the negotiation of contracts, contract changes, specifications, operating budgets, schedule milestones, and key terms and conditions.
• Establishing design concepts, criteria, and engineering efforts for product research, development, integration and test.
• Creation, review and finalization of the program Statement of Work
• Identification, distribution, tracking, and completion of program requirements
• Establishment and management of the program and subordinate baselines
• Development and adherence to budget baselines utilizing Earned Value Management (EVM) or similar cost & schedule control methodologies and tools
• Identifying, allocating and managing program resources, including workforce planning
• Managing Government/customer supplied property or information (GFE, CFE, etc.)
• Managing suppliers to meet program objectives.
• Adherence to all internal processes, policies, and applicable industry standards
• Ensuring program team understands and adheres to contract scope, and manages change through control board activities
• Development and adherence to master plans and schedules
• Conducting thorough risk & opportunity management practices including identification, mitigation and realization
Bachelor's Degree, plus 5 years of Technical Program/Project Management or Engineering Program Manager/IPT Lead experience, or Masters and 3 years. 4 years' additional experience in lieu of education
Experience leading the performance of tasks on schedule, at cost and achieving all requirements as either project lead, integrated program team or cost account manager
D emonstrated success leading teams/and or organizations to achieve a common goal
Strong organizational and interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with all levels of management and customers.
Demonstrated success in leading cross functional teams in an engineering or product development environment.
Ability to translate customer requirements and needs into products and services for DoD and Aerospace clients.
Ability to independently lead proposal and capture campaigns.
Ability to make decisions that impact the organization's credibility, operations, services, and financial performance.
Ability to comprehend and analyze complex problems and develop solutions.
Direct knowledge of EVMS and CAM responsibilities, must have quantitative/qualitative analytical, and presentation expertise.
Strong communication, team building and facilitation skills; demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with team, executive management and customers.
Strong skills in Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel, MS Project, and PowerPoint
U.S. citizenship and DoD Secret clearance.
Master's degree in Business, Science, or Engineering
• Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
• Top Secret DoD Clearance
• Experience in Aerospace/Defense industry guidance, navigation, and control systems programs
• Experience with inertial sensors
• Strategic and/or Space program experience
• Capture leadership and business development experience
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Program Management