Northrop Grumman Mgr Project Management 1 in Whiteman AFB, Missouri
Mgr Project Management 1
Requisition ID: 18006785
Location(s): United States-Missouri-Whiteman AFB
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Relocation Assistance: No relocation assistance available
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Join Northrop Grumman Mission Systems and be a part of the team of men and women that solve some of the world’s most complex technical challenges. This is an on-site position at multiple AFB; and will require some limited travel. Whiteman AFB MO, Kirtland AFB NM, and Andrews AFB MD.
Northrop Grumman's Air C2 Operating Unit is seeking an experienced Project Manager to manage an Air Force (AF) Force Protection Security program and ensure that overall delivery and business targets are achieved. The program scope includes the design, production, installation, and test of Force Protection Security systems at the contracted Air Force Base (AFB). This position reports to the Department Manager, is responsible for providing program management direction and control over the growth and sustainment of the program.
The candidate will:
• Execute the program to achieve completion within contract terms, allocated budgets and meeting Northrop Grumman's commitments.
• Work with selected subcontractors, interfacing both technically and programmatically to provide technical guidance, identify potential issues early, and mitigate any risks to the project.
• Work with government customer at all levels (base, MAJCOM, and acquisition agency) to provide status, resolve issues, and coordinate local efforts.
• Establish a project schedule and maintain status and estimated completion dates for all tasks (including subcontractor/team members’ tasks) in support of CDRL activities.
• Formulate, recommend and lead corrective action measures for resolving project cost, schedule and technical issues.
• Provide programmatic and organizational leadership
• Provide cost, schedule, and technical performance status; and inputs for negotiation of contract and contract changes
This position is contingent upon contract award, budget, and/or customer approval. Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
• BS degree in Business Management, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or related discipline from an accredited college or university and 2 years of experience as a Project Manager.
• Experience with Air Force (AF) Force Protection Security (FPS) systems and related requirements (i.e. AFI 31-101, ESE-SIT-001).
• Demonstrated experience with contract change proposals and negotiations
• Experience regarding subcontract management and negotiations
• Strong verbal/written communication along with the ability to work well within a team.
• Ability to lead technical discussions and design reviews with the customer
• US Citizenship and active DoD security clearance.
• Detailed knowledge of Air Force Annunciator systems functionality
• Ability to read and understand site and product level hardware design drawings.
• Basic knowledge and understanding of construction project tasks to include electrical wiring, communications and network architectures installations, and foundation installations.
• Familiarity with video management systems, Command and Control, access control, fiber optic communications, low voltage control systems, and delay/denial technologies, Unified Facility Criteria, NFPA 70, OSHA, configuration management.
• Experience with Willburt (Diebold) LINX, Predator Elite, Vindicator V5 annunciator, ORCI VICADS, Senstar Omnitrax, Fiber Sensys FOSS, Protech PIRAMID, Visonic CH1000, Advantor Infragard, TASS
• Experience in Risk and Opportunity Management processes
• Experience with Earned Value Management
• Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
• Experience with RSMeans
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Title: Mgr Project Management 1
Location: Missouri-Whiteman AFB
Requisition ID: 18006785