Northrop Grumman Principal or Sr. Principal DevOps Engineer - Secret clearance required in Washington, District Of Columbia
Discover careers that change the world and further advancements in defense, technology, and engineering today at Northrop Grumman. Use your experience to grow your career and support our global customers with the technology, systems, and solutions they need to enable their missions on the front lines and secure our world every day. With Northrop Grumman, you'll discover a culture built on diversity, respect, and above all teamwork. Together with our group of experts across the technical spectrum, you'll discover opportunities to make a difference in our world and start solving some of the world's most critical problems in the most innovative ways.
Northrop Grumman Defense Systems is seeking a DevOps Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Washington, DC. The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's US Department of State (DOS), Bureau of Administration, Information Technology Services Division of the Executive Office (A/EX/ITS's) team. This is a contract to provide the US Department of State with highly-skilled and qualified personnel to provide high quality, "state of the art" application development activities to be performed in support of A/EX/ITS systems and applications, leveraging an integrated and scalable framework to meet ITS's vision and requirements, leveraging Agile/SCRUM or a hybrid development methodology supported by a DevOps framework.
Roles and Responsibilities may include:
• Works with IT developers to facilitate better coordination among operations, development, and testing functions by automating and streamlining the integration and deployment processes.
• Manages the IT infrastructure as per the requirement of the supported software code that is dedicated in a hybrid multi-tenant environment.
• There is a need to have some resources for provisioning and getting the appropriate deployment model and also for validating and monitoring the performance.
• Bridge the gap between software development teams and IT operations
• Test, build, design, deploy, and ability to maintain continuous integration and continuous delivery process
• Select the best tools and technologies that best fits the business needs
• Ability to automate test and deploy the code and monitor
• Work in close coordination with the development and operations team such that the application is in line with performance according to the customer's expectation
• Establishes, recommends, and implement technological improvements to ensure quality and support in response to organizational needs.
• Performs technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems.
• Analyses are performed at all levels of total system product to include: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal.
• Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
• Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
This requisition may be filled at a higher grade based on qualifications listed below.
This requisition may be filled at either a Principal level or a Senior Principal level.
Basic Qualifications for a Senior Principal DevOps Engineer 4 are a Bachelor's Degree in STEM - Science, Technology, Engineering, Math or related area and nine (9) years of professional experience, or a Master's degree with 7 years professional experience
Basic Qualifications for a Principal DevOps Engineer 3 are a Bachelor's Degree in STEM - Science, Technology, Engineering, Math or related area and five (5) years of professional experience, or a Master's degree with 3 years of professional experience.
• Demonstrated professional experience and proficiency in Azure DevOps
• Must be a US Citizen and an Active Secret Clearance
• Active Software/Developer certification
• Top Secret security clearance
• Experience supporting ServiceNow or Azure implementation
• Experience with SharePoint and Tableau
• Experience implementing a DevOps or DevSecOps framework
• Excellent presentation and communication skills in both oral and written form
• Ability to manage dynamic deadlines and adaptability to shifting priorities
• Demonstrated ability to effectively coordinate and collaborate with clients
• Demonstrated ability to conduct thorough needs analysis and implement solutions for development
• Attention to detail and maintaining proactive communication
• Excellent problem-solving and analytical abilities
• Strong customer service and interpersonal skills
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Engineering