Northrop Grumman Operation Support Specialist (casual) in Washington, District Of Columbia
Operation Support Specialist (casual)
Requisition ID: 18007729
Location(s): United States-District of Columbia-Washington
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Relocation Assistance: No relocation assistance available
Northrop Grumman Technology Services sector is seeking an SCI cleared Operation Support Specialist to provide 24x7x365 support. This position will be located in Washington, DC. This is a CASUAL POSITION (no benefits). The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's INRISS program. INRISS (Bureau of Intelligence & Research) Support Systems provides assistance in managing, operating & supporting the IT infrastructure, network security and integration of services, software services, systems engineering and performance measurements.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Interface with multiple levels of users, management, and technical staff.
• Support a custom developed messaging system using RetrievalWare.
• Monitor information traffic flow between sites, and understand DoD message traffic formats for correcting poorly formatted messages.
• Monitor Network traffic for system outages, monitor 100 servers for system failures using iLO, maintain the data center environment, troubleshoot problems that are identified and effect remediation and/or coordinate repair.
• Follow procedures for user account creations across 4 networks and two other systems and be involved in patch management, anti-virus deployment, and the movement of documents between systems.
• Provides a moderate level of customer service support for office automation applications, PCs and printers afterhours.
• Responsible for receiving, processing and disseminating all incoming and outgoing message traffic.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
• Requires high school diploma or equivalent and minimum of four years of technical experience working in a 24x7x365 operation center.
• Must have a current Top Secret/SCI.
• Candidate should have a familiarity with the Intelligence Community (IC).
• Experience working in a classified IT environment where SCI is processed and stored.
• Experience monitoring and controlling data systems, detailing and logging daily tasks/duties accomplished in the Operations Center, working in an operations center that provides multiple shifts that meet the 24x7x365 core support requirements for INR, reviewing logs and running backups.
• Must have excellent operational judgment and be able to respond quickly to high priority issues with minimal supervision.
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
• Associates degree and/or some college and/or certification are desirable
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Title: Operation Support Specialist (casual)
Location: District of Columbia-Washington
Requisition ID: 18007729