Northrop Grumman Developer III in Washington, District Of Columbia
If you are interested in expanding your career through experience and exposure, and want to support a mission that ensures the security of our nation and allies, Northrop Grumman is the place for you.
We are a leading global security company - we provide innovative systems, products, and solutions worldwide. Northrop Grumman offers an extraordinary portfolio of capabilities and technologies.
Northrop Grumman is comprised of professionals with varied perspectives, who are curious about the world, accept each other, and understand that the more ideas, backgrounds, and experiences we bring to our work, the more innovative we can be. We continue to build our talented workforce and seek professionals that exemplify our core values, leadership characteristics, and our approach to innovation.
Northrop Grumman Defense Systems seeks a Developer III to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals in Washington, DC. This is a U.S. Treasury position with an 8-year period of performance contract with long term career growth opportunities.
The qualified applicant will help deliver Application Development and Enhancement Services, Systems Operations and Maintenance, Technical Project Planning and Management, Application Strategy and Architecture, and Website Design and Support Services.
As part of the team, you will be a key resource in modernization efforts to migrate legacy systems to the cloud and will support the U.S. Treasury Department's future/state vision.
You will be a key resource in Treasury's modernization efforts to migrate legacy systems to the cloud and to position for the future mission. Work includes code refactoring to more modern and current releases of development frameworks, implementation of DevSecOps, quality improvement for legacy systems, development and enhancements, and reducing operations and maintenance costs.
• Candidate must have minimum of 5 years of experience with Bachelors in Science; OR 3 years of experience with a Masters; OR 0 years of experience with PhD.
Experience formulating and defining system scope and objectives.
• Experience devising or modifying procedures to solve complex problems considering computer equipment capacity and limitations, operating time, and formation of desired results.
• Experience preparing detailed specifications from which programs will be written and designs, codes, tests, debugs, and documents those programs.
• Experience with Agile development, Operations & Maintenance Support.
• Hands-on experience with at least any 5 of the following: Apache, Java, Bash, Sencha Ext JS (Java Script Library), Mongo, MySQL, Python, Java Script, Perl and/or PHP.
• Candidate must have an active Top Secret security clearance
• Experience and/or familiarity with 508 compliance.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Information Technology