Northrop Grumman Test Systems Engineering Manager 2 in Warner Robins, Georgia
Discover careers that change the world and further advancements in defense, technology, and engineering today at Northrop Grumman. Use your experience to grow your career and support our global customers with the technology, systems, and solutions they need to enable their missions on the diversity, respect, and above all teamwork. Together with our group of experts across the technical spectrum, you'll discover opportunities to make a difference in our world and start solving some of the world's most critical problems in the most innovative ways.
Northrop Grumman Defense Systems Sector has a need for a Test Systems Engineering Manager 2 at its campus in Warner Robins, GA. The successful candidate will demonstrate strong technical and leadership skills to achieve sustainable top performance. The candidate will have a track record as an effective communicator and problem solver who is able to develop and maintain good working relationships with internal and external stakeholders. This candidate will demonstrate a commitment to ethics and integrity, and the capability to innovate. The candidate needs the ability to build diverse and inclusive teams with high levels of engagement, including mentoring and coaching.
This position will lead a functional team of test engineers that support a diverse portfolio of programs. Our engineering teams provides world-class engineering solutions to the sustainment and modernization of mission systems for our customers. Our programs include development, sustainment, and IR&D programs for systems that include aircraft self-protection systems, radar, and avionics. This position is a dual role encompassing both technical and people leadership. Position Responsibilities:
Provide technical oversight for engineering activities performed by the team.
Candidate will lead a team that is responsible for test activities on many programs including test procedure development, test station development (including LabView), verification, validation, and IV&V activities. Testing activities are focused on electronic mission systems (i.e. LRU or CCA) and software.
Candidate will be a thought leader for systems thinking and integration and test strategies for both their team and the organization.
Perform as a senior test systems engineer to support programs and new business efforts. These tasks will include test planning, test requirements development, test solutions design (i.e. SIL, STE, and, ATE), and integration and test strategies.
Lead a test engineering team that leads and supports an exciting and diverse portfolio of programs
Provide technical oversight and mentorship to staff to ensure engineering projects in your portfolio meet performance objectives
Provide financial oversight for budgets assigned to your test engineering team
Responsible for direct management of staff and providing objected direction to the staff
Execute, update, and maintain department procedures
Support organizational engineering initiatives
• 9+ years of relevant experience with a Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering; OR 7 years of relevant experience with a Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering
• Experience testing both hardware (e.g. CCA) and software (e.g. OFP) for engineering embedded missions systems for DoD applications.
• Experience applying systems thinking and test engineering best practices to engineering development programs (i.e. verification and validation strategies).
• Proven leadership skills as a people and technical leader, and ability to work effectively in a collaborative team environment
• Able to obtain and maintain a Secret clearance per business requirements.
US Citizenship is a requirement.
Must be able to work at location in Warner Robins, GA.
• Experience and demonstrated performed in LabView, LabWindows, and TestStand
• Experience as an engineering manager or systems engineering lead
• Experience developing hardware and software solutions as a design engineer
Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Engineering