Northrop Grumman Staff Radar Systems Engineer in Warner Robins, Georgia
Discover careers that change the world and further advancements in defense, technology, and engineering today at Northrop Grumman. Use your experience to grow your career and support our global customers with the technology, systems, and solutions they need to enable their missions on the diversity, respect, and above all teamwork. Together with our group of experts across the technical spectrum, you'll discover opportunities to make a difference in our world and start solving some of the world's most critical problems in the most innovative ways.
Northrop Grumman Defense Systems Sector has a need for a Staff Principal Radar Systems Engineer at its Subsystem and Software Sustainment (S&SS) organization in Warner Robins, GA. This engineering position is for a role on our Systems Engineering Team. The Systems Engineering team provides full life cycle systems engineering support to a variety of programs and domain areas including electronic warfare, software, design, and automated testing. This role will supporting our radar programs. You will be an integral part of an interdisciplinary team of engineers focused on the sustainment of radars. Our ideal candidate will possess exceptional technical expertise and collaborative people skills with the proven ability experience to work within a technically diverse and fast-paced team.
Your Responsibilities will include:
• Serve as the lead Radar Systems Engineer that supports the Chief Engineer for our radar programs
• Serve as systems subject matter expert to support all technical issues related to sustainment of the system. This ranges from DMS resolution, system troubleshooting, improving system test capability, to designing and testing solutions radar updates.
• The candidate will utilize the skills and experience for airborne radar and systems engineering including hardware, firmware, software, RF, and test to make key technical designs on the program. The candidate will use these skills will be used to support the multi-discipline engineering team on the program.
• The candidate must have ability to lead, communicate, support, collaborate on technical issues related to operations, logistics, training, and support elements of the program.
• A Bachelor's degree in Science in electrical engineering or computer engineering, and a minimum of 14 years of direct relevant experience; 12 Years with Masters; 9 years with PhD in related field
• Experience in analyzing, designing, and integrating embedded systems
• Experience with radar system design, test and integration (ideally including both lab and flight testing)
• The ability to obtain/maintain access to work at our Warner Robins, GA site
• The ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance (clearance is not required to start).
• Leadership experience with development and/or production programs
• Experience in requirements development, analysis, decomposition, and verification & validation.
• Experience with radar modes and radar signal processing. Examples include: Weather Modes, Pulse Compression, Windshear, Beacon, Skin Paint, Terrain Following, Pulse-Doppler
• Experience with Firmware Design (VHDL) and/or Analysis
• Experience with Modeling and Simulation (either Simulink and/or SysML/MBSE approaches)
• Detailed knowledge of Digital Signal Processing (DSP)
• Proficiency/Experience in C/C++ programming language
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Engineering