Northrop Grumman Engineer Embedded Software (S/W) in Warner Robins, Georgia
Join Northrop Grumman on our continued mission to push the boundaries of possible across land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace. Enjoy a culture where your voice is valued and start contributing to our team of passionate professionals providing real-life solutions to our world's biggest challenges. We take pride in creating purposeful work and allowing our employees to grow and achieve their goals every day by Defining Possible. With our competitive pay and comprehensive benefits, we have the right opportunities to fit your life and launch your career today.
Discover careers that change the world and further advancements in defense, technology, and engineering today at Northrop Grumman. Use your experience to grow your career and support our global customers with the technology, systems, and solutions they need to enable their missions on the diversity, respect, and above all teamwork. Together with our group of experts across the technical spectrum, you'll discover opportunities to make a difference in our world and start solving some of the world's most critical problems in the most innovative ways.
Northrop is looking for top-notch, focused, and dedicated Principal Software Engineer to join our team of engineers on the AN/ALQ-161A B-1B Countermeasure System. The AN/ALQ-161A system is an integrated RF electronic countermeasures system designed specifically for the B-1B bomber aircraft.
What you will do:
Designs, develops, operates and maintains software and firmware components and computing systems software to be applied to and integrated with engineering, scientific and manufacturing requirements. Applies the appropriate standards, processes, procedures and tools throughout the system development life cycle to support the generation of such engineering applications and products such as laboratory simulation systems, aircraft flight control and display systems, pacemakers, defibrillators, mechanical and electrical systems. Interfaces with customers, suppliers, application users and other technical and support personnel.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or STEM related discipline
• Must be able to obtain a DoD Secret clearance.
• 2+ years embedded software engineering experience; 1+ years embedded software engineernig experience with MS degree in related field is also accepted
• Experience programming in C#
• Experience programming in Ada
• Experience in electronic warfare systems
• Experience with development of embedded applications and operating systems
• Software testing/debugging in a laboratory environment
• Experience with build automation tools such as Jenkins, GoCD, Travis CI or Circle CI
• Knowledge of CMMI Level 3 (or equivalent) process guidelines
• Familiarity with distributed version control software (Git)
• Experience working in a fast pace, agile environment with the ability to work on a cross-functional Scrum team focused on quality and capability delivery
• Active Secret Security Clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Engineering