Northrop Grumman Mission Manager (Space/Rockets) in Wallops Island, Virginia
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
NASA's Sounding Rocket Operations Contract (NSROC) is a sub-orbital space flight program located at NASA's Wallops Flight Facility (WFF), a part of NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center (GSFC). NSROC provides suborbital launch vehicles, payload development and field operations support to NASA's Science Mission Directorate. The program enables the collection of Earth, Heliophysics and Astrophysics science.
The Mission Manager is responsible for ensuring all cost, schedule and technical requirements of assigned mission and projects are coordinated, prepared and accurate.
Ensure that all phases and sub phases of the Sounding Rocket mission life cycle are satisfied. Act as the central point of contact for the Science Team, government customer, and Program Office relating to all assigned missions and projects.
Other Responsibilities Include:
• Coordinate execution of all design, fabrication, test, and field operations. Establish and ensure adherence to launch procedures to meet mission success.
• Coordinate functional analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation, and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware specifications.
• Compile and ensure that all mission and contract deliverables are correct, delivered on time, and ensure accuracy for all assigned mission and projects.
• Direct and coordinate all Mission Team activities including all mission life cycle activities.
• Ensure the payload, launch vehicle and GSE are integrated and launched commensurate with the Mission's Success Criteria.
• Develop Mission Requirements Matrix including stated, implied, and derived requirements from the Principal Investigator I customer.
• Compile and coordinate the Mission Test and Integration Plan to ensure that all payload, Launch Vehicle, and GSE systems, subsystems, and components are accurately verified as identified in the Mission Requirements Matrix.
• Perform Mission Risk Assessment and compile I coordinate mitigation plans to minimize mission risk. Ensure that the mitigation plans are adequately completed to minimize risk.
• Perform Interface Control to ensure that all applicable payload and launch vehicles interfaces are adequately assessed to verify that the flight and GSE systems, subsystems, and components usage outside the flight experience envelope is identified and adequately assessed.
• Ensure logical and systematic conversion of customer requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraint.
• Operational Safety knowledge in one or more of the following areas: pressure, lifting, mechanical ordnance, cryo and chemical.
Must be able to travel for an extended period of time. Travel requirement is domestic and International.
• Bachelor's Degree Engineering Mechanical, Electrical, Physics and minimum of 3 years of management experience.
• Project Management training and/or certification by independent authority of project management training and expertise or certificate of completion of Project Management Training
• Engineering degree with at least 20 hours of project management related coursework
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Technical Support