Northrop Grumman Manager Aeroballistics Analysis Engineering in United States
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Defense Systems designs, builds and delivers defense, space, and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include missile products, propulsion, related subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
NGDS's Missile Products Division is seeking a manager for the Ballistics Analysis Group at our Allegany Ballistics Lab (ABL) location in Rocket Center, WV. ABL develops and manufactures a broad range of products, primarily for defense, with a focus on tactical solid rocket propulsion. This technical management position oversees a team of highly qualified ballistics analysts who support our product teams in the design, development, and production of tactical solid rocket motors. The group's duties center on, but are not limited to, the use of a variety of computer simulation tools to predict, optimize, and monitor the performance of propellant grain designs.
Responsibilities for this position include:
• Manage the daily operations of the Ballistics Analysis Group
• Provide leadership and development support to the team members
• Manage the workflow of analysis requests to meet program team schedules
• Participate in the technical review of analyses performed by the group
• Monitor production program LAT performance against statistical targets
• Attend program design and test reviews when required
• Assure established policies and procedures are being followed
• Manage group staffing to meet workload
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to lead a team
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to make sound technical decisions
• Attention to details
• Ability to multi-task
• Ability to prioritize and manage time effectively
• BS or higher degree in Engineering, Physics, or Mathematics
• Strong knowledge of solid rocket internal ballistics
• Must be a US citizen
• Active DoD Secret security clearance
• Knowledge of CFD/gas dynamics
• Knowledge of design optimization methods and tools
• Knowledge of solid rocket motor propellant structural response
• Experience at an aerospace manufacturing facility
Rocket Center, WV is located along the North Branch Potomac River in Mineral County, West Virginia and is home to the Allegany Ballistics Laboratory (ABL), a government installation operated by Northrop Grumman. Known for its scenic mountain landscapes, rolling hills and state parks, the region offers a multitude of outdoor recreational opportunities to include hiking, mountain biking, skiing, fishing, hunting and whitewater rafting. Where can you get to from Rocket Center? We are just a couple hours from Washington, D.C., Baltimore, and Pittsburgh and not far from Philadelphia, Virginia and Ohio. If you enjoy a beautiful all-weather climate, low cost of living, zero gridlock traffic, outdoor activities, and easy access to major cities along the east coast - this area has a lot to offer!
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business. Learn about Northrop Grumman Total Rewards and Benefits.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Engineering