At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Flight Test Execution Manager 3 to join its team of diverse professionals in support of the Sentinel (GBSD) program. This leadership role is in Vandenberg SFB, CA , with occasional travel to Roy and Promontory, UT, (25%).
What you will get to do:
• Manage and lead multiple campaign teams consisting of flight test engineers who perform system-level tests on the Sentinel Aerospace Vehicle and Launch Equipment
• Responsible for overseeing control account managers, statement of work mapping, contract compliance, company policy adherence, metrics collection, and reporting
• Develop, perform, and document tests, including test planning, test conduct, data analysis and post-test results as part of the Flight Test Team
• Participate in technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost, schedule, risk, and supportability/effectiveness analyses for systems
• Review and evaluate test requirements to ensure completeness and compliance of the test program
• Verify specifications and designs through testing, test data processing, modeling and simulation and performance analysis
• Support all phases of the system lifecycle including concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal
• Maintain design documentation and follow configuration management requirements
• Create technical reports and present test and analysis results
• Coordinate integrated testing activities working in a dynamic people-focused environment
• Interface with internal and external customers
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
Paid Time Off
Health & Wellness Resources
This positions standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Friday to take every other Friday off.
This role may offer a competitive relocation assistance package.
Bachelors Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) with 8+ years of relatable work experience, or a Masters Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) with 6+ years of relatable work experience
2+ years of Flight Test Experience
3+ years in a formal lead/management position leading small to medium teams
Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret Clearance and SAP.
Active Top Secret Clearance granted within the last 6 years
Prior ICBM or missile/rocket flight test experience with a successful track record of program performance, interpersonal team building skills, and cross-functional management experience.
Possess excellent leadership, interpersonal, and oral and written communication skills.
Strong partnership/collaboration skills. Demonstrated ability to partner cross-IPT/cross-discipline within a team
Strong program technical leadership skills
Familiarity with processes and systems for test telemetry, system safety, and range safety
Strong program execution skills; Demonstrated ability to meet program technical, cost, and schedule milestones.
Ability to integrate, engage, and lead team to perform at top level of performance.
Ability to leverage experience/background to bring alternative ideas/solutions to the team
Salary Range: $160,200 - $240,400
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority . The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/ .
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Apply Now Search All Jobs