At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aeronautics Systems has an opening for Systems Engineer / Principal Systems Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Oklahoma City, OK or Rancho Bernardo, CA.
Systems Engineer will be responsible for coordination and collaboration with diverse engineering design teams to provide imaginative, technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems in establishing and managing the technical baseline in support of review milestones. The candidate will be executing tasks in system engineering functions. The position requires systems thinking and working knowledge of the full development life-cycle processes that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints. Candidate must exhibit strong leadership characteristics in coordinating with multiple teams and managing tasks.
This position may be filled at either the System Engineer OR Principal System Engineer level. This position is contingent upon verification of DoD Secret clearance and obtainment of Special Access Program (SAP) clearance.
• Systems Engineer : Bachelor of Science Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) discipline and 2 years of engineering experience OR Master of Science Degree in a STEM discipline.
• Principal Systems Engineer : Bachelor of Science Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) discipline and 5 years of engineering experience OR Master of Science Degree in a STEM discipline and 3 years of engineering experience OR PhD in a STEM discipline and 0 years of engineering experience
• Active DoD Secret security clearance with a background investigation date within 6 years
• Must have the ability to obtain and maintain Special Access Program (SAP) clearance.
• Prefer Engineering degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, or Engineering Physics
• Master's Degree
• Experience working on military aircraft / spacecraft systems.
• Experience in developing, managing, and decomposing requirements.
• Experience in system architecture, CONOPs, or model-based system engineering.
• Experience in ICD development and integration
• Demonstrated communication and technical writing skills.
• Proven ability to brief technical presentations to stakeholders.
• MBSE and Agile Systems Engineering Experience.
• Experience with DOORS, Confluence, and JIRA
Salary Range: $69,500 - $127,400
Salary Range 2: $85,600 - $157,000
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.