Northrop Grumman Cyber Systems Engineer 2 in Tampa, Florida
Cyber Systems Engineer 2
Requisition ID: 18004239
Location(s): United States-Florida-Tampa
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is actively recruiting Cyber System Engineering team members to support a Cyber Security program in Tampa, FL.
You will be working with our experienced engineering team developing industry leading virtual environments to support Department of Defense Cyber efforts. These environments are detailed engineering representations of current and future cyber systems.
We're looking for a highly motivated individual with an impeccable work ethic and a strong ability to work in a collaborative fast-moving dynamic team environment. The primary team will be located in Tampa, Florida with distributed team members embedded directly with the customer. Our ability to communicate / coordinate highly technical requirements with team members is a priority due to competing priorities and demanding deadlines. You must be able to work within a vigorous change management environment with the ability to document and test all changes prior to implementation. You will perform technical, operational, and security risk analysis for new changes and technologies and articulate risks in a succinct manor. You must be able to quickly adapt new technologies to avoid limitations & obsolescence of both hardware and software.
We support government cyber test and evaluation environments through the development of virtual environment designs using products such as VMware, Cisco, RedHat, and other enterprise solution products. You will need to have a willingness to dive deep, experiment rapidly, and get things done.
Cyber systems engineering and scientific personnel who possess in-depth knowledge of principles, concepts and techniques for cyber systems.
We are realistically looking for hands-on systems engineers that can serve as Subject Matter Experts (SME) in one or more of the below skills:
• Design & Engineering: Experience in multiple disciplines listed below with the ability to look at problems and requests holistically and factor them against requirements. The positions will create integrated solutions that meet and exceed desired results. Ability to identify opportunities for innovation, then ability to solve identified problems. Experience working in SCRUM and AGILE environments highly desired.
• Change Management: Facilitate large and cross-functional team meetings across the organization. Excellent coordination and organization skills. Strong business analysis and functional experience, including requirements gathering, creating/deploying solutions to end users. Ability to understand how existing and new systems can be integrated to improve business unit performance.
• Test & Evaluation: Demonstrate experience with Developmental Testing (DT) Integrated Testing (IT), and Operational Testing (OT). Demonstrate experience relevant to support test and evaluation of assigned projects. Demonstrate experience in developing test criteria and Test and Evaluation Master Plans. Demonstrate ability to apply analytical methodologies to evaluate the operational effectiveness and suitability of systems. Must have superior technical writing skills to draft unambiguous and concise test plans, test reports, and supporting documents.
• Training: Experience creating a training program for a suite of products and/or services to enable users to quickly and efficiently utilize those offerings throughout their daily work. Capable of building in-person, computer-based (CBT), and offline training programs using mediums ranging from basic documentation to video and interactive lessons. Capable of building training programs to a range of technical audiences and being able to communicate effectively with all or most of those audiences.
• DevOps Engineering: (i.e. program and script in various languages including C, Perl, Python, PowerShell, etc. Automation of scheduled jobs to reduce labor intensive tasks. Cross-platforming of applications on various OSs. Familiarity with Atlassian Administration (Jira, Confluence, Fisheye, Crucible), Agile and Scrum methodology, understanding of development release cycle and operations, Source Control and Version tools such as (Git, GitLab, Bitbucket), Continuous Integration Frameworks (Bamboo, Jenkins, Maven), Application Containerization (Docker, CoreOS, Rocket), Automation Deployment Tools (Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Kubernetes)
• Virtual Engineering: (i.e. VMware vCenter/ESXi, KVM, Hyper-V, advanced virtual networking, ability to deploy high volume configurations, implement a VDI environment, etc.)
• Network Engineering: (i.e. all layers of OSI model, configure of large scale networks with routing protocols, ability to packet capture and conduct detailed analysis, ACL, firewall networking, security patching, OS updates, etc. Familiar with Cisco, Juniper or Brocade.)
• Windows System Engineering: (i.e. Systems Administration, Active Directory, Group Policy Objects, implementing Department of Defense requirements on servers and workstations, etc.)
• Linux Engineering: (i.e. different Linux varieties (e.g. RedHat, CentOS, Ubuntu), security hardening, patching, granular role-based access, implementing Department of Defense requirements, automation of repetitive tasks, etc.)
• US Citizenship required and must have a Department of Defense Top Secret/SCI security clearance which was active in last 24 months
• Typical Minimum Education / Experience: 2 Years with Bachelors in Science; 0 Years with Masters / Four (4) years of additional experience can be substituted in lieu of degree
• Must possess or be able to obtain DoD 8570 Certification for IAT Level II or higher within two (2) months of starting (GSEC, GICSP, SCCP, Security CE or CCNA-Security) (reference: http://iase.disa.mil/iawip/Pages/iabaseline.aspx for list of qualified certifications)
• Experience in one or more of the following: Design & Engineering, Change Management, Test & Evaluation, Training, DevOps Engineering, Virtual Engineering, Network Engineering, Windows System Engineering, Linux Engineering
• Experience with network design, virtual environments and cyber systems design is preferred.
• DoD 8570 Certification for IAT Level III
• Bachelor's or higher degree in a technical field highly desired
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Title: Cyber Systems Engineer 2
Requisition ID: 18004239