Northrop Grumman Manager Engineering 3 in Sykesville, Maryland
At the heart of Defining Possible is our commitment to missions. In rapidly changing global security environments, Northrop Grumman brings informed insights and software-secure technology to enable strategic planning. We're looking for innovators who can help us keep building on our wide portfolio of secure, affordable, integrated, and multi-domain systems and technologies that fuel those missions. By joining in our shared mission, we'll support yours of expanding your personal network and developing skills, whether you are new to the field or an industry thought-leader. At Northrop Grumman, you'll have the resources, support, and team to do some of the best work of your career.
As a Engineering Site Lead at Northrop Grumman you will have a challenging and rewarding opportunity to be a part of our Enterprise-wide digital transformation. Through the use of Model-based Engineering, DevSecOps and Agile practices we continue to evolve how we deliver critical national defense products and capabilities for the warfighter. Our success is grounded in our ability to embrace change, move quickly and continuously drive innovation. The successful candidate will be collaborative, open, transparent, and team-oriented with a focus on team empowerment & shared responsibility, flexibility, continuous learning, and a culture of automation.
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) is seeking a Manager, Engineering 3 for our Sykesville location in support of the Maritime/Land Systems & Sensors (MLSS) Division. In this role, the selected candidate will act in the role of Engineering Site Lead for the facility and will be the senior Engineering representative to the Power/Control Systems Operating Unit.
This position is responsible for all Software and Digital Technologies; Hardware; and Systems Engineering, Integration, and Test activities at the Sykesville site. This Manager will oversee all engineering business-facing activities at the campus, will be responsible for directing functional Engineering activities, and drive engineering performance excellence.
The Engineering Site Lead will lead a management and technical staff of approximately 100 who support a variety of programs in different life cycle stages. The selected candidate will focus on performance, people leadership, process adherence/improvement and business growth. This manager will demonstrate a broad skill set that is balanced between interpersonal, business, and technical capabilities. He/she will have an ability to operate independently based on strategic objectives, work in a team environment, and collaborate across the sector and corporation as required to accomplish the team goals.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Maximizing engineering and technical expertise while further enhancing performance excellence within our Sykesville site operations
• Acting as a champion for change in the organization. Provide leadership for key E&S activities and initiatives, while also working to build collaboration with our peer organizations (PMO, GSC, Manufacturing, MA, etc)
• Developing and implementing an E&S vision for Sykesville in partnership with fellow MLSS leaders and in alignment with our Sector vision and goals
• Identifying the appropriate skills mix based on current and forecasted business needs to include experienced hires, college graduates and interns. Build and execute strategy for full life-cycle talent management (hire, retain, deploy and develop talent).
• Creating diverse and inclusive teams with high levels of engagement
• Coordinating with the E&S Digital Engineering and Competitive Design organization (and peer MLSS colleagues) to ensure consistency across functional disciplines - ensuring expected development processes, common tools, metrics collection and reporting, reuse, and training/skill development through all levels of the organization.
• Facilitating and promoting systems thinking, innovation, affordability, knowledge management, engineering utilization, and other process improvement initiatives. This includes the implementation and monitoring of metrics covering engineering efficiency and quality, as well as sharing of lessons learned and best practices throughout the organization.
• Working closely with the Sykesville Site Director to achieve Operating Unit/campus goals and to continually assess the overall site culture and improve as needed.
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or a similar technical field with a minimum of 10 years of related experience
Minimum 7 years of leadership experience in Functional Management, Engineering Management, or Program Management
Demonstrated leadership skills and the ability to work effectively in a team environment
Demonstrated experience in leading high performing organizations and leading organizational change.
Effective communication and presentation skills
U.S. Citizen Active Secret Clearance
Master's Degree in Engineering or a similar technical field
Experience with Power System or Control Systems
Experience with process implementation and improvement initiatives
Familiarity with U.S Navy customer/products
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Engineering