At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Join Northrop Grumman on our continued mission to push the boundaries of possible across land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace. Enjoy a culture where your voice is valued and start contributing to our team of passionate professionals providing real-life solutions to our world's biggest challenges. We take pride in creating purposeful work and allowing our employees to grow and achieve their goals every day by Defining Possible. With our competitive pay and comprehensive benefits, we have the right opportunities to fit your life and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems has an opening for a Mission Assurance Principal Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals.
As Quality Engineering, we define and monitor Mission Assurance program specifications and processes to ensure mission success of programs. We assure quality, risk management, safety, reliability, and maintainability of program achievements, subcontractors, and suppliers are in accordance with contractual requirements. We assess program performance and risks and help to determine resources to ensure contract compliance.
Our team is exceptionally detail oriented . We work on sophisticated projects producing high-quality work. Each member has individual assignments, but we work as a united team to identify and resolve potential issues before timelines and budget are impacted.
We are looking for you to join our team as a Principal Engineer Quality (RCCA) based out of Sunnyvale, CA.
Responsibilities include the following:
• Authoring documentation to instruct operations on successful execution of quality requirements
• Manage and coordinate non-conformance containment and corrective action implementation activities
• Lead data collection, analysis, and customer interface
• Write and manage risk mitigation actions and assuring their implementation
• Contribute to design change control reviews and implementation
• Support internal audits, process observations and area assessments
• Establish and maintain collaboration partnership across functions and programs, customers, program management, and other support organizations
• Observe and document complex problems, methodologically identify opportunities for improvement, and create actionable plans
• 5 years of relevant experience with a STEM bachelor's degree; 3 years of relevant experience with a Masters' degree
• Knowledge of SAP
• Knowledge of Root Cause and Corrective Action methods (5P and 8D)
• Knowledge of continuous improvement principles
• Strong communication skills (both oral and written)
• Experience successfully managing and producing data with strict deadlines
• Experience working in a collaborative team environment
• Experience with Six Sigma modeled projects
• Strong PC skills and proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
• US Citizenship required
• Ability to attain required security level clearance
• Ability to read and interpret Engineering drawings
Familiar with ISO 9001, AS9100
Salary Range: $95,000 - $142,400
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority . The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/ .
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Apply Now Search All Jobs