Northrop Grumman Painter in Sunnyvale, California
Requisition ID: 17026345
Location(s): United States-California-Sunnyvale
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Relocation Assistance: No relocation assistance available
Set up, operate and adjust manual spray painting equipment to apply a wide variety of coatings to components and apparatus with a uniform texture, appearance and thickness. Prep surfaces for coating application by hand abrading, sand blasting or chemical cleaning and masking surfaces for both sand blasting and coating applications.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT:Spray guns, pressure pots, pumps, sand blast machines and booths, gauges, regulators, hose; spray booths, power sanders, steam cleaner pump paint mixer, respirator, protective clothing, floor operated crane, brushes, demmler cup, film thickness gauge, pliers, wrenches, screwdriver, hammers, scissors, and thermometer
MATERIAL:Modules, shipping containers, gears, assemblies and parts of ferrous and nonferrous metals, wood, hardware, lacquers, varnishes, solvents, adhesives, thinners, epoxies catalysts, sandpaper, rags, masking paper and tape.
WORKING PROCEDURE:The following are the usual major job duties but this job description does not preclude the performance of other duties by the incumbent, nor the question being raised on the proper rate of pay for the assignment.
1. Receive work assignment from supervision.
2. Read and understand safety regulations and MI package including drawings, change notices, operation sheets, specifications and work authorizations.
3. Mix, strain and thin a variety of coatings. Check and adjust temperature and viscosity as required.
4. Assemble hoses, valves, agitator, pots, spray gun, tips, etc. and set proper air pressure, fluid flow and spray pattern to obtain proper atomization.
5. Operate spray equipment or use a brush to uniformly apply a variety of primers, finishes, and coatings to exacting thickness tolerances on various parts without runs, sags, pinholes or flaws.
(Coatings normally have a limited pot life and recoating time.) Operate infrared heat lamps to cure coatings.
6. Touch up and rework final finish coatings by sanding, filling and feathering scratched and damaged areas to make surfaces uniform in texture, appearance and thickness.
7. Check coating for uniformity of texture, thickness and appearance to insure compliance with specifications.
8. Operate lifting and handling equipment to move material in the painting area.
9. Maintain tools, equipment and work area in a clean and orderly condition and notify supervision when painting materials are depleted. Clean equipment thoroughly after each use by flushing lines, guns, tips and tanks.
10. Sign off operations completed and obtain first piece and final inspection sign off on operation sheets as required.
11. Make proper time charge entries and record data as required.
12. Perform other work of equal or lower classification as required.
This is Union represented position.
Position located in Sunnyvale, CA
·Previous Painting experience utilizing HVLP systems, rollers and brushes
·Ability to operate high pressure washers
·Able to wear respirator or other safety gear. Ability to work in elevated areas requiring ladders and/or man lifts. Some confined space work is required
·Ability to operate and maintain painting booths
· Certified Forklift Operator
· Able to use cranes and other lifting devices
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Requisition ID: 17026345