Northrop Grumman Mgr Supply Chain Programs 2 in Sunnyvale, California
Global Supply Chain
At the heart of Defining Possible is our commitment to missions. In rapidly changing global security environments, Northrop Grumman brings informed insights and software-secure technology to enable strategic planning. We're looking for innovators who can help us keep building on our wide portfolio of secure, affordable, integrated, and multi-domain systems and technologies that fuel those missions. By joining in our shared mission, we'll support yours of expanding your personal network and developing skills, whether you are new to the field or an industry thought-leader. At Northrop Grumman, you'll have the resources, support, and team to do some of the best work of your career.
Northrop Grumman is seeking a Manager of Supply Chain Programs 2, located in Sunnyvale, CA or remote/virtual Responsible and accountable for the strategy, planning, and execution of all material and services content for a collection of machinery programs and propulsion/power generation product lines for U.S. Navy.
The Manager of Supply Chain Programs 2 will lead a diverse team of experienced Supply Chain Program Planners responsible for major suppliers and/or major subcontracted systems, as well as complex Bills of Material (BOMs). This manager's responsibilities include collaborating with senior level Global Supply Chain Management, BU and program executive leadership to understand business strategies and identify and manage the needs for subcontracts and material across the program. Responsibilities will include planning, risk management and functional performance, managing key subcontractor cost, schedule, technical and quality performance. This position reports to the Supply Chain Senior Program Manager for Marine Systems.
Summary of Functions:
• Drives innovation and continuous improvement within the Supply Chain Management function;
• Develops the material strategy and leads the activities for Machinery Systems in all phases of the Business Acquisition Process (BAP);
• Ensures that prior to program execution, all elements of the proposed program(s) plans have complete and accurate baseline schedules, budgets, make/buy plans, and procurement and subcontracts strategies;
• Acts as the main focal point for the entire supply chain and coordinates with the PMO and other cross-functional teams to ensure that all supply chain commitments are met, and that appropriate mitigation plans are developed and executed to address any programmatic risks related to suppliers;
• Leads supply chain program execution and is accountable for resource planning, material cost, forecasting, schedule performance, risk/opportunity management, supplier performance, and supply chain issue resolution;
• Briefs the executive management on the status and issues affecting cost and schedule performance;
• Manages all Earned Value Management System requirements to include support to the individual program planners in their assigned program's Supply Chain Control Account Manager (CAM) responsibilities.
• Conducts various program reviews with the suppliers, subcontractors and program office;
• Establishes milestone objectives and manages performance to committed schedules, contractual specifications and Global Supply Chain financial goals.
Job Category : Global Supply Chain