Northrop Grumman Mgr Programs 2 in Sunnyvale, California
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems and technology that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they are making history.
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking multiple personal to join our Marine Systems Program Management team. The positions are located in Sunnyvale, CA and Philadelphia, PA. These positions lead development and production of precision mechanical systems for maritime use. Naval and/or Maritime experience is beneficial. Naval architecture or Marine Engineering degrees are also preferred but not mandatory. Your experience, interests, and preferred location will determine which position would be offered.
The primary objective will be the delivery of all contractual requirements on cost and on schedule, while achieving all technical requirements and creating customer intimacy to support value creation strategies and actions. The individual will lead a cross-functional organization aligned to common program performance goals.
Program Managers are responsible for leading all phases of the program life cycle from inception (proposal development) through startup, execution, and completion (contract closeout). Primary responsibilities are the management of cost, schedule, and technical performance of company programs or subsystems and include, but are not limited to:
• Cultivating customer relationships and intimacy to develop further opportunities within the customer community
• Developing new business opportunities through long term strategic planning, capture planning, and development of proposals and business plans
• Establishing a program organization that effectively addresses customer requirements and incorporates the necessary internal and external sub-organizations
• Leading and directing cross-functional Integrated Program Teams (IPT) to meet program cost, schedule and technical performance objectives
• Measuring and reporting program performance
• Delivering presentations to customers, executive management and other program stakeholders
• Participating in the negotiation of contracts, contract changes, specifications, operating budgets, schedule milestones, and key terms and conditions.
• Establishing design concepts, criteria, and engineering efforts for product research, development, integration and test.
• Creation, review and finalization of the program Statement of Work
• Identification, distribution, tracking, and completion of program requirements
• Establishment and management of the program and subordinate baselines
• Development and adherence to budget baselines utilizing Earned Value Management (EVM) or similar cost & schedule control methodologies and tools
• Identifying, allocating and managing program resources, including workforce planning
• Managing Government/customer supplied property or information (GFE, CFE, etc.)
• Managing suppliers to meet program objectives.
• Adherence to all internal processes, policies, and applicable industry standards
• Ensuring program team understands and adheres to contract scope, and manages change through control board activities
• Development and adherence to master plans and schedules
• Conducting thorough risk & opportunity management practices including identification, mitigation and realization
As Northrop Grumman grows, so does our need for high-performing managers. To learn more about our hiring process for manager positions,
please feel free to view our Selecting the Best Qualified Managers video: http://www.northropgrumman.com/SQMVideo
Bachelor's Engineering/Technical Degree and 5 years of experience working on defense programs. 4 years of additional experience in lieu of education.
3 years Program Planning/Management of Technical Projects in a DoD Environment.
Outstanding PC skills (including MS Excel, Project, PowerPoint).
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Experience presenting program/technical status to internal and customer executives.
Experience working on High Performance Teams.
Ability to sustain in demanding program execution environments.
Must be a US citizen with the ability to obtain a secret clearance.
Bachelor's Degree in Naval Architecture or Marine Engineering.
Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Systems Engineering; Master's Degree in Engineering
Program and Business Management experience,
Cost Account Management (CAM) training,
Proposal development experience,
Marine Propulsion Design, Manufacturing and Test Experience;
-Technical interface experience with technical customers and manufacturing suppliers.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Program Management