Northrop Grumman Engineer Systems 4 in Sunnyvale, California
Engineer Systems 4
Requisition ID: 18005499
Location(s): United States-California-Sunnyvale
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
At Northrop Grumman, our work with cutting-edge technology is driven by something human: the lives our technologies protects. It’s the value of innovation that makes a difference today and tomorrow. Here you’ll have the opportunity to connect with coworkers in an environment that’s uniquely caring, diverse, and respectful; where employees share experience, insights, perspectives and creative solutions through integrated product & cross-functional teams, and employee resource groups. From engineering and manufacturing, to operations and business development, Northrop Grumman’s Sunnyvale location offers the opportunity to serve national security and impact the lives of Americans all over the globe from the landscape of Northern California. Don’t just build a career, build a life at Northrop Grumman Sunnyvale.
As a member of the Test-Engineering team, the candidate will participate in the testing of large, precision, electromechanical, rotating machinery.
The candidate will be a team lead and technical point of contact who will be responsible for performing and leading tests; developing electrical, mechanical, and software systems; developing system requirements; developing verification and validation (V&V) methods; performing V&V; developing procedures and reports; analyzing and presenting data; troubleshooting system failures; and recommending product design modifications.
The candidate’s normal working hours will be during the day on a 9/80 schedule. However, the candidate will periodically lead system-level test campaigns at a workload of approximately 90 hours/week, with 25% of hours spent at field sites and 33% of hours spent at night. The test campaigns (approximately four per year) will each span 2-4 weeks and proceed on a 24/7 basis, staffed by a day shift and night shift of engineers. The candidate’s overtime hours will be compensated fully as straight time (salary pro-rated at a 1x rate).
• BS or MS degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, or related field
• At least nine years of industry experience with a BS degree or at least seven years of experience with an MS degree
• Experience leading small technical teams
• Effective written and oral communication skills
• Willingness to work at field sites 25% of the time
• Willingness to work at night 33% of the time
• Ability to climb up and down stairs and ladders to reach test sites
• MS degree
• US citizen with the ability to obtain a DoD Secret clearance
• Systems-engineering experience
• Project-management experience
• Magnetic-bearing or other rotating-machinery experience
• Electronics, dynamics, control-systems, or acoustics experience
• Experience designing or troubleshooting analog or high-voltage circuitry
• Programming experience (MATLAB, C, or equivalent)
• Experience using test instrumentation (e.g. spectrum analyzers and multi-channel data acquisition (DAQ) systems)
• PLC experience (e.g. Allen Bradley)
• Experience designing or testing large structures
• Navy or other military experience
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visitwww.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Title: Engineer Systems 4
Requisition ID: 18005499