Northrop Grumman SCA Associate Computer Network Operator CBP STRAP in Suffolk, Virginia
Are you interested in expanding your career through experience and exposure, all while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security of our nation and its allies? If so, then Northrop Grumman is the place for you. As a leading global security company, we provide innovative systems, products and solutions to our customers worldwide. We are comprised of diverse professionals that bring different perspectives and ideas, understanding that the more experiences we bring to our work the more innovative we can be. As we continue to build our workforce we look for people that exemplify our core values, leadership characteristics, and approach to innovation.
Do you desire a patriotic role and the chance to defend our nation's Cyber Infrastructure? Do you enjoy learning about new technologies and how they can be used to provide cutting edge services to our customers? If so, then look to join the Northrop Grumman team.
Northrop Grumman is seeking an entry-level SCA Associate Computer Network Operator to join our Suffolk, VA STRAP team supporting our US. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) customer. The selected individual will be supporting the TARS Support Services (TSS) Radar/Network Data Quality Measurement (R/NDQM) operations. This is a Service Contract Act (SCA) position.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Provide entry-level Help Desk support activities.
• Utilize established operating procedures to collect, store, track, trend and report radar and network quality performance metrics for each operational site. . • Observe equipment and control panels for operator messages or error indicators.
• Sets up and runs diagnostic tests and react appropriately to the messages and reports errors or machine malfunctions, as required.
• Perform clerical work incidental to machine operations such as labeling tape containers, maintaining production records, replenishing specified stock items, and distributing output materials.
• Perform work on a rotational shift basis and able to work nights, weekends and holidays, as the TSS R/NDQM operates 7 days per week and 24 hours per day.
High School degree or GED.
Basic skill for operating computers such as saving, moving and storing data files.
Aptitude to learn new computer applications.
Familiarity using Microsoft Suite ( which includes: Word, Excel and Outlook)
Must be able to obtain/maintain a Public Trust security clearance upon hire. US Citizenship required.
Must also be able to obtain/maintain a favorably adjudicated Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Background Investigation (BI).
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Non-CJCS