Northrop Grumman Military Trainer, Joint Information Operations - Combatant Commanders in Suffolk, Virginia
Are you interested in expanding your career through experience and exposure, all the while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security of our nation and its allies? If so, then Northrop Grumman may be the place for you. As a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions to customers worldwide, Northrop Grumman offers an extraordinary portfolio of capabilities and technologies. Here at Northrop Grumman we are comprised of professionals that bring different perspectives, are curious about the world, accepting of each other, and understand that the more ideas, backgrounds, and experiences we bring to our work then the more innovative we can be. As we continue to build our talented workforce we look for professionals that exemplify our core values, leadership characteristics, and approach to innovation.
Are you ready to enhance your career with Northrop Grumman? If so, we need you to join our team as Military Trainer Joint Information Operations Trainer. This position is located in Suffolk, VA.
This position requires a Top Secret clearance.
As a key member of the Joint Staff Support Team (JST) you will support the Joint Staff J7, Deployable Training Division in conducting joint and multi-national training, exercises, and staff assist visits (SAVs), primarily with Combatant Commands and Joint Task Forces. This program provides joint matters education and training for joint commanders and their staffs, and focuses on the joint operational and strategic levels of war. You will be responsible for conducting Joint Information Operations training for Combatant Commanders, Joint Task Force commanders, Service Component commanders, and their staffs with secondary emphasis on the Joint Planning Process (JPP).
• training Joint Information Operations and Strategic Communications processes with secondary expertise in the Joint Planning Process (JPP) at the strategic and operational levels
• contribute to the Deployable Training Division's Joint Training Section, which consists of military Observer Trainers and contractor Analyst Trainers
• Provide functional continuity within the Joint Training Section
• Mentor new Information Operations Observer Trainers
• Train Combatant Command, Joint Task Force, and Component Command staffs at command post, tabletop, staff, and planning exercises; staff assist visits; academics; and Senior Leader Seminars
• Conduct Information Operations and Strategic Communications functional out briefs with the staffs and provide written functional reports
• Assist in developing Facilitated After-Actions Reviews for the Combatant Command and Joint Task Force commanders and staffs
Provides consulting expertise to military or defense clients in the development and evaluation of military training and doctrine. May have specialized expertise in planning and executing some or all phases of military training exercises, including doctrinal development, scenario development, and after action review and analysis.
• BA + 6 years of experience or MA + 4 years of experience
• Information Operations and Strategic Communications (primary) and the Joint Planning Process (JPP)
• Travel (current average travel is approximately 90 - 120 days per year) to support worldwide (to include areas considered hazardous duty) training events
• Joint Forces Staff College or Service equivalent required for commissioned officers
• Top Secret level security clearance
• Experience in Combatant Command or Joint Task Force Information Operations and Strategic Communications organizations and/or future operations/plans organizations
• JPME II
• Experience in the preparation and conduct of seminars/study groups for general/flag officers
• Experience in the compilation and presentation, in both written and oral formats, of lessons learned and after-action review material
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Military Training