Northrop Grumman Principal Business Systems Analyst in Springfield, Virginia
Discover careers that change the world and further advancements in defense, technology, and engineering today at Northrop Grumman. Use your experience to grow your career and support our global customers with the technology, systems, and solutions they need to enable their missions on the front lines and secure our world every day. With Northrop Grumman, you will discover a culture built on diversity, respect, and above all teamwork. Together with our group of experts across the technical spectrum, you will discover opportunities to make a difference in our world and start solving some of the world's most critical problems in the most innovative ways.
Northrop Grumman Defense Sector is seeking a Business/Systems Analyst with agile methodology experience to join our BEAGLE (Border Enforcement Applications for Government Leading-Edge Information Technology) Agile Solution Factory (ASF) Team supporting Customs and Border Protection (CBP) client located in Northern Virginia!
Join this passionate team of industry-leading individuals supporting the best practices in Agile Software Development for the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). As a member of the BEAGLE ASF Team, you will support the men and women charged with safeguarding the American people and enhancing the Nation's safety, security, and prosperity.
CBP agents and officers are on the front lines, every day, protecting our national security by combining customs, immigration, border security, and agricultural protection into one coordinated and supportive activity.
This position is in Springfield, VA.
Roles & Responsibilities:
Serve as an experienced Business/Systems Analyst who has worked in an Agile/Scrum environment, which developed custom software and database applications.
· Possess both an understanding of real-world mission/business objectives and a working grasp of software development practices and technologies.
· Serve as the focal point for the capture, analysis, and management of functional and non-functional systems requirements, and user stories.
· Show a demonstrated skill in effective decomposition of mission/business objectives into requirements contained within a product backlog which can then be implemented in a series of short and iterative development cycles.
· Meet regularly with stakeholders to identify business needs.
· Clearly communicate those business needs to a development team through user stories and acceptance criteria.
· Work closely with the ScrumMaster to establish Release/Sprint backlogs, resolve impediments, and provide direction on scope of work to be accomplished.
· Work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders, as well as the product development team during the development cycle to ensure the customer needs are being met.
· Develop product roadmaps and participate in Integrated Release Planning
· Review and evaluate work done by development team to ensure proper scope has been met.
· Lead the demonstrations to stakeholder and report on the results of each software iteration.
College degree (B.S.) in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Management Systems or a related discipline, or equivalent professional experience with a minimum (5-7) years' experience as a business analyst on iterative software development projects.
Translating business requirements into user stories, use cases and technical requirements.
Experience in Agile Scrum methodologies and estimating techniques.
Working knowledge of all elements of the software development life cycle, including planning, development, requirements management, CM, quality assurance, and release management.
Strong skills with MS Office tools (Excel, Word, Project, Visio) and Atlassian Suite (Jira, Confluence)
Excellent communication skills.
Must be a U.S. Citizen with the ability to pass CBP background investigation, criteria includes but is not limited to:
3 year check for felony convictions
1 year check for illegal drug use
1 year check for misconduct such as theft or fraud
Has a current CBP BI
Certified Product Owner
Certified Business Analysis Professional
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Information Technology