At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Defense Systems is seeking a Principal Scrum Master role to be filled at our Sierra Vista, AZ location. The candidate will work all aspects of support required in the role as the Scrum Master for the team development of training virtual reality (VR) and virtual maintenance trainer (VMT) products.
This role will provide oversight of the Agile framework to ensure operational excellence in product deliveries. Provides guidance and helps educate the team in Scrum, Extreme Programming (XP), Kanban, and Scaled Agile framework (SAFe), ensuring that the Agile process is being followed. Helps remove impediments and fosters an environment for high-performing team dynamics, continuous flow, and relentless improvement.
• The candidate must have a Bachelor's Degree and 5 years additional education and/or related experience.
• The candidate must possess a Secret security clearance and be able to obtain a Common Access Card (CAC) card.
• Thorough knowledge of agile principles, practices and methods, particularly Scrum
• Certified Scrum Master (CSM) Certification
• The candidate must have background experience and knowledge executing in an agile product owner capacity on a program with teams operating in different locations.
• Candidate will have demonstrated experience as a Product Owner, Scrum Master, or other technical position in an Agile environment.
• Demonstrated experience specifying customer needs and managing customer priorities.
• Flexibility and willingness to take on unanticipated tasking.
• Experience with Dev Ops/ DevSecOps, and/or Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
• Training and Learning Content Management Systems experience and knowledge preferred.
• Holds an advanced Scrum Master certification e.g. Professional Scrum Master (PSM) II / III, Safe Advanced Scrum Master (SASM)
• Experience and understanding of Earned Value Management in a software/training development environment.
• SAFe Product Manager/Product Owner (PM/PO) certification strongly desired
• Experience with Software Integration and formal testing
• Experience of Agile Coaching or qualifications including ICP-ATF, ICP-ACC or ICE-AC
Salary Range: $90,400 - $135,600
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.