Northrop Grumman Operations Research Analyst 2 in Scott AFB, Illinois
Operations Research Analyst 2
Requisition ID: 18005055
Location(s): United States-Illinois-Scott AFB
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Relocation Assistance: No relocation assistance available
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Northrop Grumman is seeking a passionate Operations Research Analyst to join our team at United States Transportation Command’s (USTRANSCOM) Joint Distribution Process Analysis Center (JDPAC) at Scott AFB, IL.USTRANSCOM’s mission is to provide full-spectrum global mobility solutions and related enabling capabilities for supporting customers’ requirements.As a member of a team of technical and functional logistics experts, this position requires an individual to be able to perform various analysis tasks and utilize data extracted from numerous DoD logistics systems.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Applies operations research, statistical, mathematical, and analytical techniques related to deployment, mobility and
distribution modeling and regression analysis.
- Serves as a team analyst in a small analysis cell in the Joint Distribution Process Analysis Center (JDPAC) atUSTRANSCOM responsible for reviewing and developing models and methods to support distribution and supply chain
activities within the Department of Defense.
- Performs detailed simulation modeling on DOD transportation systems; other techniques may include optimization,regression, and/or decision analysis.
- Consolidates data from one or more source systems, cleanses and analyzes data, and presents summary of findings.
- Data analysis may include complex algorithmic design solutions and the development of relational database solutions to
combine data and analysis from multiple systems.
- The output will typically be in MS Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft Word, or web format.
-Position requires strong analyticaland communication skills while working in a multi-functional team environment.
Bachelor degree from an accredited college or university in Operations Research, Industrial Engineering, Economics,Mathematics, Statistics, or Management Science; or other technical degree with at least 24 semester hours in acombination of operations research, mathematics, probability, statistics, mathematical logic, or subject-matter courses
Two years related experience
Requires substantial competence in college-level mathematics or statistics.At least 3 of the 24 semester hours must have been in calculus
Strong ability to problem solve
Must have experience in working with high performance teams and managing multiple priorities with scheduledresponsibilities
Ability to obtain a US DOD Secret clearance is required (US Citizenship is the minimum requirement)
Requires excellent communication and organizational capabilities
Must be able to establish and maintain customer communication
Masters Degree in Operations Research, Mathematics or Industrial Engineering
Modeling and simulation experience, especially with DOD applications
Knowledge of the Joint Deployment and Distribution Enterprise (JDDE)
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visitwww.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Title: Operations Research Analyst 2
Location: Illinois-Scott AFB
Requisition ID: 18005055