Northrop Grumman SWDC MSS TMC Principal Systems Administrator in Schriever AFB, Colorado
At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
The Missile Defense Solutions Engineering organization pushes the boundaries of innovation, redefines engineering
capabilities, and drives advances in various sciences. Our team is chartered with providing the skills, innovative
technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive
advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of our mission!
Northrop Grumman Space Systems (NGSP) is looking for you to join our team on the Threat Modeling Center (TMC) on the Specialized Warfighter Development Contract (SWDC) program as a Systems Administrator based out of Schriever AFB, CO.
What You'll get to Do:
The Systems Administrator primary duties include installing, troubleshooting, updating/patching, and maintenance of physical and virtualized environments, lab assets, & IT infrastructure. Candidate will sustain operational uptime on either Windows or Red Hat Linux systems and provide daily support for hardware and software issues, data recovery, system upgrades, software upgrades, configuration issues, system installation and relocation. Working with Cyber Associates and using reporting tools like ACAS and SCAP scans, System Administrator will perform security hardening on systems using DoD STIGs and other best practice security guidelines.
• Bachelor's degree with 6 years of experience, or 10 years of experience in lieu of a degree
• Experience administering and configuring Windows Server, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, or VMWare
• Must have Security+ with Continuing Education (CE) or equivalent certification under DoD 8570.01-M
• Ability to lift at least 35 lbs
• Active Secret clearance required to start
• Experience in Virtualization technology (VMWare)
• Experience configuring/maintaining Networking Hardware (Switch, Router, Firewall)
• Experience as administrator using Ansible, IPA/IDM identity management systems, Red Hat Satellite, Kickstart
• Experience administering Microsoft Active Directory
• Experience with scripting languages (Bash, Python, PowerShell)
• Experience with Storage devices
• Experience utilizing cybersecurity software applications
• Experience in DevOps
• Experience with Git or related version control
• Experience working with vendors to expedite installations and repairs to ensure maximum uptime
• In-depth experience in Operations and Maintenance activities of IT infrastructure
• Active Top Secret with SCI elegibility
Salary Minimum for Colorado location: $83,600
Salary Maximum for Colorado location: $125,400
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business. Learn about Northrop Grumman Total Rewards and Benefits.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Information Systems