Northrop Grumman Principal RMF Engineer Systems in Schriever AFB, Colorado
At Northrop Grumman, we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
The Engineering organization pushes the boundaries of innovation, redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various sciences. Our team is chartered with providing the skills, innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of our mission!
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) NOALS program is looking for you to join our team as a Principal Systems Engineer based out of Schriever AFB, in Colorado Springs, CO.
What You'll get to Do:
You will work with other NGMS employees and our subcontractors in a dynamic, multi-discipline environment in direct support to an operational satellite ground system. You will use systems engineering methods and tools to accomplish customer/contract goals and support program management in development, enhancement, and maintenance of the operational baseline. You will:
• Work with Risk Management and Cybersecurity tools and Continuous Monitoring controls to monitor and accredit Mission Critical systems
• Facilitate technical baseline management, monitoring, and application of system security controls against several levels of network baselines
• Plan and execute security management tools; develop dashboards for quick reference of the system security baseline; initiate Atlassian tool tasks to assign updates or corrective actions to the system sustainers
• Support the development of new acquisitions and recapitalization of existing hardware and/or software infrastructure
• Perform evaluation and trending of system and program metrics
• Document and maintain system engineering and cyber security processes
• Perform detailed trade studies and interface directly with third party vendors
This is an opportunity to work in an operational environment where one can interact with other disciplines including system administrators, software/hardware engineers, systems testers, architects, and operations crews on a program where you can have a direct impact on the mission.
Job Category : Engineering