Northrop Grumman Cyber Systems Administrator / Linux / Secret in Schriever AFB, Colorado
Are you interested in expanding your career through experience and exposure, all the while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security of our nation and its allies? If so, then Northrop Grumman may be the place for you. As a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions to customers worldwide, Northrop Grumman offers an extraordinary portfolio of capabilities and technologies. Here at Northrop Grumman we are comprised of professionals that bring different perspectives, are curious about the world, accepting of each other, and understand that the more ideas, backgrounds, and experiences we bring to our work then the more innovative we can be. As we continue to build our talented workforce we look for professionals that exemplify our core values, leadership characteristics, and approach to innovation.
At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Are you looking to join a growing, dynamic team supporting a critical mission for the government? Do you enjoy systems administration and creating solutions for complex system problems?
If so, Northrop Grumman is seeking a Linux Systems Administrator to join a support team located at our Schriever AFB, CO location.
This position will require the ability to effectively work alongside software developers, testers, operations specialists throughout the full lifecycle development of hardware and projects.
This position is part of a Missile Defense Agency (MDA) known as the Specialized Warfighter Development Contract (SWDC). The Threat Modeling Center (TMC) organization is looking for a talented front line Linux Server System Administrator supporting the TMC task order.
Systems Administrator will be responsible for maintaining smooth operation of IT infrastructure that supports a dynamic, high capacity production and software development environment, primarily in Red Hat Linux environment. Maintain smooth operation of multi-user computer systems and coordinate work activities with network administrators. Perform essential deployment engineering tasks including site surveys, installation, configuration management, documentation, commissioning, and upgrade/patch management. Will make recommendations to purchase hardware, software and supporting IT gear for the production platform and provide backup and recovery. Will install, configure and maintain services such as COTS products, production unique tools, and Developer support tools. Primary duty hours are 0800-1700 with shift work and on-call required to assist with after-hours maintenance activities. Other duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor's degree in an IT/technical related discipline . Additional 4 years of relevant experience may be considered in lieu of the degree requirement.
2. A minimum of 6 years of relevant cyber systems administrator experience.
3. Experience with RedHat Enterprise Linux.
4.Experience with VMWare ESXi.
5. Experience installing/configuring COTS software.
6. Knowledge of shell scripting.
7. Current CompTIA Security+ or equivalent.
8. Current Secret Clearance.
1. Experience configuring/deploying yum server.
2. Solid understanding of remediating security vulnerabilities to include hardening
3. RedHat systems in accordance with RMF and STIGs.
4. RedHat Satellite Server v5/6 configuration/usage experience.
5. Identity Management (Single Sign-on) experience.
6. Experience implementing/configuring Linux software based firewall implementations (iptables/firewalld).
7. Experience with Database Management (ex: mysql,mariadb,postgres).
8. VMWare ESXi (6.x+) configuration and management experience.
9. Experience with enterprise level storage concepts.
10. Experience administering Windows Workstations and Servers.
11. Experience configuring network switches and configuring NetBackup.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.