Northrop Grumman Principal/ Sr. Principal Software Configuration Analyst in San Diego, California
At the heart of Defining Possible is our commitment to missions. In rapidly changing global security environments, Northrop Grumman brings informed insights and software-secure technology to enable strategic planning. We're looking for innovators who can help us keep building on our wide portfolio of secure, affordable, integrated, and multi-domain systems and technologies that fuel those missions. By joining in our shared mission, we'll support yours of expanding your personal network and developing skills, whether you are new to the field or an industry thought-leader. At Northrop Grumman, you'll have the resources, support, and team to do some of the best work of your career.
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is a trusted provider of mission-enabling solutions for global security. Our Engineering and Sciences (E&S) organization pushes the boundaries of innovation, redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various sciences.
Our team is chartered with providing the skills, innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of our mission!
We are looking for you to join our team as a Principal Software Configuration Analyst based
out of San Diego, CA.
What You'll get to Do:
Software (SW) Configuration Management (CM) analysts are responsible for developing and maintaining software and other technological aspects on a DoD program. General CM software analyst duties and responsibilities are delineated below:
• Communicate issues and risks pertaining to issues, solutions and releases
• Coordinate final signoff releases and manage release schedule
• Work with developers, QA and administrators to ensure success of builds and deployments in development, QA, UAT, staging and production environments
• Support the engineering teams using Clear Case/Clear Quest to solve release and SW build problems.
• Maintain software tools to support the software release process and SCCB
• Implement software configuration management policies and products
• Timing execution of platform integration builds and ensuring that all issues encountered while generating platform builds are resolved
• Monitor and troubleshoot common and daily SW tasks and documentation updates
• Provide direction on maturing the VHDL CM repository/process from Design Sync.
• Responsible for ensuring the necessary technology interfaces appropriately with client needs, including third-party applications and customer interaction ensuring program applications remain secure and are coordinated and communicated with peers both internally and externally.
• Ability to multi-task and complete tasks with a sense of urgency.
• Excellent communication skills.
• High level of problem solving is required to troubleshoot system issues and prevent downtime.
This position may be filled at a higher grade based on the requirements below.
This position may be filled as a Principal or Sr. Principal Software Configuration Analyst.
Basic Qualifications for Principal Software Configuration Analyst: Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology, or in a related field a with a minimum of 5 years related
Basic Qualifications for Sr. Principal Software Configuration Analyst: Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology, or in a related field a with a minimum of 9 years related
Basic Qualifications for Principal and Sr. Principal Software Configuration Analyst:
• Experience supporting scripting languages and database management.
• Experience with performing software builds and maintaining procedures.
• SW analysts work in an office environment and traditionally work during normal business hours, however - on occasion late shifts or on-call remote work may be required.
• Must be eligible to obtain a Secret Clearance; active Interim Clearance required to start.
• Ability to work professionally to tight deadlines while producing quality work and to communicate to the team effectively
• Extensive experience with base ClearCase (CC) and ClearQuest(CQ), performing: administrator tasks such as creating VOB, directory structures in CC, create CQ database for programs, queries, add rules and users in both tools. CM software architect, building, merging/inheriting and establishing new branching versioning, documentation processing and maintain a dedicated build machine to eliminate variable coding differences.
• Scripting experience. Familiar with Python, Perl, or Batch scripts for Windows.
• Perform system level Operational Program (OP),with combined binaries with currently single development branching.
• Perform Share Point administration such as creating program directory structures, granting access, limiting access to general users, creating excel metric reports for capturing SW CCB agendas, minutes, document releases, archives and, directories, and internal links and documentation numbering and status.
• Moving the current software tool set forward to a Jira/Git Hub CM process
• Working knowledge of the following tools; STM Pro, Share Point, Design Sync for VHDL coding, PDM or PLM, Visio or Adobe Pro, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power
Point) and Rational tool sets.
• Past experience with Hardware CM and Program Change Boards including data management SDRL submittals via IDE environments.
• Active Interim or Secret Clearance
What We Can Offer You:
Northrop Grumman provides a comprehensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages your growth and supports the mutual success of our people and our company. Northrop Grumman benefits give you the flexibility and control to choose the benefits that make the most sense for you and your family. Your benefits will include the following:
Paid Time Off
Training and Development
9/80 Schedule at Many Sites
Additional Northrop Grumman Information:
Northrop Grumman has approximately 90,000 employees in all 50 states and in more than 27 countries, we strive to attract and retain the best employees by providing an inclusive work environment wherein employees are receptive to diverse ideas, perspectives and talents to help solve our toughest customer challenges: to develop and maintain some of the most technically sophisticated products, programs and services in the world.
Our Values. The women and men of Northrop Grumman Corporation are guided by Our Values. They describe our company as we want it to be. We want our decisions and actions to demonstrate these Values. We believe that putting Our Values into practice creates long-term benefits for shareholders, customers, employees, suppliers, and the communities we serve.
Our Responsibility. At Northrop Grumman, we are committed to maintaining the highest of ethical standards, embracing diversity and inclusion, protecting the environment, and striving to be an ideal corporate citizen in the community and in the world.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Information Technology