Northrop Grumman Principal Network Administrator in San Diego, California
Support our entire enterprise and build the networks, staff the teams, and develop the processes that will keep us defining what's possible. We have opportunities across our enterprise with 90,000 team members throughout the world. The only limit to your growth is your ambition and drive. We want to empower you to bring your best, with resources, support, and talented team members that will launch your career. Northrop Grumman is seeking a Network Administrator to join our team in defining the future. This position will be located in Rancho Bernardo, CA. The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Information Technology support team. Responsibilities will include:
• Plan, evaluate, and coordinate installation and/or reconfiguration of hardware and software elements of data and/or voice communication network.
• Maintain technical expertise in all areas of networks and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, multiplexers, firewalls, hubs, bridges, gateways, etc.; may propose solutions to management to ensure all communications requirements based on future needs and current usage, configuring such solutions to optimize cost savings.
• Prepare and ensure that appropriate network documentation exists, including operational instructions.
• Provide regular monitoring and network analysis regarding short and long-range planning for in-house systems; may coordinate third-party maintenance for network equipment.
• May design network or portion of network that includes selection of hardware and software packages.
• Maintain smooth operation of LAN/WAN/VPNs.
• Plan, manage, and implement complex network designs in support of customer requirements.
• Develop technical solutions to complex problems which require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity.
• Support network teams in project designs to clarify project requirements, provide design solutions, in accordance with standards.
• Perform troubleshooting analysis of network infrastructure and associated systems.
• Document network hardware and software technology components.
• Install and configure Cisco routers, switches, and firewalls.
• Implement and troubleshoot LAN technologies such as VLANs, trunking (port tagging), spanning-tree, and protocols.
• Implement and troubleshoot WAN technologies such as EIGRP, BGP, OSPF, and telco circuits (T1, T3, OC3).
• Interface regularly with customers and manage customer installation timelines and deliverables to help facilitate successful deployments.
• Provide guidance to team members and provide status metrics to customer and Northrop Grumman management.
• Provide technical solutions to a wide range of complex difficult problems; solutions are imaginative, thorough, practicable, and consistent with organization objectives.
• Provide third-level support and troubleshooting of network problems; periodically provide after-hours and weekend support.
• Work is performed without appreciable direction; exercise considerable latitude in determining technical objectives of assignment; completed work is reviewed from a relatively long-term perspective, for desired results.
• Communicate effectively and clearly present technical approaches and findings.
• Manage timely resolution of all critical and/or complex problems meeting SLA requirements.
Job Category : Information Technology