Northrop Grumman Mgr Programs 2 in San Diego, California
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems and technology that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they are making history.
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) sector is seeking an F-35 CNI (Communications, Navigation and Identification) Production Non-Recurring (PNR) Program Manager (PM) to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in San Diego, CA. Join the men and women of the Northrop Grumman Mission Systems in meeting the largest, most complex systems challenges imaginable for government, military and business.
The PNR PM will support the Program Director in the execution of a portfolio of Special Test Equipment (STE) and Special Tooling (ST) programs for F-35 CNI products. This position will be accountable for meeting on-time delivery performance of STE/ST to satisfy production capacity requirements, achieving established financial and earned value objectives and working in partnership with production product managers, Global Supply Chain (GSC) management and other key stakeholders.
The primary objective will be the delivery of all contractual requirements on cost and on schedule, while achieving all technical requirements and creating customer intimacy to support value creation strategies and actions. The individual will lead a cross-functional organization aligned to common program performance goals.
Program Managers are responsible for leading all phases of the program life cycle from inception (proposal development) through startup, execution, and completion (contract closeout). Primary responsibilities are the management of cost, schedule, and technical performance of company programs or subsystems and include, but are not limited to:
• Cultivating customer relationships and intimacy to develop further opportunities within the customer community
• Developing new business opportunities through long term strategic planning, capture planning, and development of proposals and business plans
• Establishing a program organization that effectively addresses customer requirements and incorporates the necessary internal and external sub-organizations
• Leading and directing cross-functional Integrated Program Teams (IPT) to meet program cost, schedule and technical performance objectives
• Measuring and reporting program performance
• Delivering presentations to customers, executive management and other program stakeholders
• Participating in the negotiation of contracts, contract changes, specifications, operating budgets, schedule milestones, and key terms and conditions.
• Establishing design concepts, criteria, and engineering efforts for product research, development, integration and test.
• Creation, review and finalization of the program Statement of Work
• Identification, distribution, tracking, and completion of program requirements
• Establishment and management of the program and subordinate baselines
• Development and adherence to budget baselines utilizing Earned Value Management (EVM) or similar cost & schedule control methodologies and tools
• Identifying, allocating and managing program resources, including workforce planning
• Managing Government/customer supplied property or information (GFE, CFE, etc.)
• Managing suppliers to meet program objectives.
• Adherence to all internal processes, policies, and applicable industry standards
• Ensuring program team understands and adheres to contract scope, and manages change through control board activities
• Development and adherence to master plans and schedules
• Conducting thorough risk & opportunity management practices including identification, mitigation and realization
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
BSEE, BSIE, BSME, BS MGR, or Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM) and 10 years of relevant experience, or 8 years with a Master's degree. 4 years' additional experience in lieu of degree
Experience leading the performance of tasks on schedule, at cost and achieving all requirements as either project lead, integrated program team or cost account manager
D emonstrated success leading teams/and or organizations to achieve a common goal
Past experience as a Project Manager, Control Account Manager (CAM) for NG (or similar DoD contractor) programs in FFP environment
Experience and understanding of modern electronic manufacturing processes and operations
Earned Value Management System (EVMS) experience
Must have, or be able to obtain a Secret Clearance
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
Project Management Professional certification
Understanding of Digital and RF radio products - (transmitters, receivers, amplifiers, pre selectors, antennas, and interfaces), including testing/screening and troubleshooting operations
Experience/familiarity with CNI hardware products is a plus
Experience managing subcontractors
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Program Management