Northrop Grumman Mgr Programs 2 in San Diego, California
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems and technology that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they are making history.
Northrop Grumman's Mission Systems sector is looking for a Manager, Programs Level 2 (see level description in LINK) to support the Emerging Capabilities Development organization's Advanced Communications & Distributed Sensors Operating Unit based in San Diego, CA.
The primary objective will be the delivery of all contractual requirements on cost and on schedule, while achieving all technical requirements and creating customer intimacy to support value creation strategies and actions. The individual will lead a cross-functional organization aligned to common program performance goals.
Program Managers are responsible for leading all phases of the program life cycle from inception (proposal development) through startup, execution, and completion (contract closeout). Primary responsibilities are the management of cost, schedule, and technical performance of company programs or subsystems and include, but are not limited to:
• Cultivating customer relationships and intimacy to develop further opportunities within the customer community
• Developing new business opportunities through long term strategic planning, capture planning, and development of proposals and business plans
• Establishing a program organization that effectively addresses customer requirements and incorporates the necessary internal and external sub-organizations
• Leading and directing cross-functional Integrated Program Teams (IPT) to meet program cost, schedule and technical performance objectives
• Measuring and reporting program performance
• Delivering presentations to customers, executive management and other program stakeholders
• Participating in the negotiation of contracts, contract changes, specifications, operating budgets, schedule milestones, and key terms and conditions.
• Establishing design concepts, criteria, and engineering efforts for product research, development, integration and test.
• Creation, review and finalization of the program Statement of Work
• Identification, distribution, tracking, and completion of program requirements
• Establishment and management of the program and subordinate baselines
• Development and adherence to budget baselines utilizing Earned Value Management (EVM) or similar cost & schedule control methodologies and tools
• Identifying, allocating and managing program resources, including workforce planning
• Managing Government/customer supplied property or information (GFE, CFE, etc.)
• Managing suppliers to meet program objectives.
• Adherence to all internal processes, policies, and applicable industry standards
• Ensuring program team understands and adheres to contract scope, and manages change through control board activities
• Development and adherence to master plans and schedules
• Bachelor's Degree and 9 years, Master's and 7 years, or PhD and 4 years' experience, and experience supporting U.S. Government contracts and customers and/or project management in other industries
• 4 years of experience leading the performance of tasks on schedule, at cost and achieving all requirements as either project lead, integrated program team or cost account manager
• 4 years of demonstrated success leading teams/and or organizations to achieve a common goal
• Final SECRET clearance
• Competency in Planning, Scheduling, & Earned Value; Proposal Management; Capture Management; and Customer Intimacy
• Competency in Communications, Issue & Problem Resolution, Program Growth, Requirements, Risk & Opportunity, and Technical Performance
• Strong technical background in the operation, development, and testing of C4ISR information systems
• Extensive working knowledge of Communications Systems including DoD Tactical Data Links gained through extensive test and development experience
• Proficient in the application of principles, concepts, practices, standards, and industry practices as they relate to the Software/Hardware lifecycle
• Experience with geographically diverse program teams, low probability of detect/intercept communications solutions, and emerging 5G communications concepts.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Program Management