Northrop Grumman Hardware Engineering Mgr 1 in San Diego, California
Hardware Engineering Mgr 1
Requisition ID: 18006760
Location(s): United States-California-San Diego
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
The Engineering, Sciences, & Technology (ES&T) Organization is seeking a Hardware Engineering functional manager for a team of up to 20 engineers, reporting to the Spectrum Center campus Hardware Manager for ES&T in San Diego. She/he will provide guidance to direct report employees based on organizational goals and company policies. Specific responsibilities include coordinating with programs for staffing, recruiting, training, preparing and delivering performance reviews to employees, evaluating/recommending employees for promotions, evaluating salaries and coordinating with Human Resources on potential adjustments, assisting employees in preparing performance goals, providing career guidance to employees and counseling employees on their performance as necessary as well as working to refine the hardware development process and tools utilized for Spectrum Center supported programs.
The qualified candidate will also provide significant (approximately 80%) direct support to programs and/or other technical efforts, including capture and proposals. This will include but is not limited to Hardware Engineering efforts, as well as estimating, planning, risk management, managing cost and schedule (EVMS) and quality on programs to meet contract commitments.
•BS in appropriate engineering discipline, 5 or more years of related experience, and significant direct experience in Hardware Engineering
• Candidate must be a US citizen with the ability to obtain a Secret clearance as needed.
• Candidate must have excellent written and communication skills and be able to work independently and within groups.
• The candidate must have a full understanding of his/her specific engineering discipline.
• Knowledge of engineering process, be proficient in process development and implementation as well as functional organization aspects
• Ability to facilitate/mediate in conflict resolution matters
• Familiarity with other Engineering disciplines
• Knowledge of real-time embedded communication systems
• Excellent interpersonal skills required
• Hands on experience with DoD communications systems, including real-time embedded systems
• Direct supervisory experience and/or significant team leadership (IPT lead).
• Knowledge of a range of Spectrum Center programs and personnel
• DOD Secret clearance or higher preferred
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Title: Hardware Engineering Mgr 1
Location: California-San Diego
Requisition ID: 18006760