Northrop Grumman Engineer Mechanical 5 in San Diego, California
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) sector is seeking a Senior Engineer with technical knowledge of the design of airborne systems and structures for air vehicles and ground stations hosting communications, to join the GBSD program. This is a position based out of the Spectrum Center campus in San Diego, CA.
The selected candidate will work as a senior design engineer responsible for Program goals and objectives. This role is responsible for:
1) Acting as advisor on advanced concepts for the Hardware team and advises management and customers on advanced technical studies, applications, and develops advanced technological ideas guiding there development to a final product.
2) Developing and defending proposals, including evaluating contractor and subcontractor proposals for air frames, airborne platforms, and related components.
3) Providing oversight of the hardware engineering technical team.
4) Completing Hardware & System design
5) Support of Project Engineering (PE) and various IPTs (i.e. integration, test, logistics and field)
6) Support of systems comprised of RF, analog and digital hardware and software
7) Providing technical briefings to senior level leadership within the company and to the customer.
8) Planning tasks and executing on time using resources assigned.
The selected candidate will oversee technical planning, hardware analyses, definition of hardware requirements, make-or-buy designs, cost and risk analyses, and support analyses and assessments. Perform analyses of HW system architecture with attention to integration concerns, product life cycle, and obsolescence.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
Typical Minimum Education / Experience: 14 Years with Bachelors in Science; 12 Years with Masters, 9 years with PhD
SolidWorks CAD 3D design plus full detail drawings, 7+ years of full time experience.
Flexibility and a strong team collaborator.
Experience in a technical leadership role with a variety of projects
EVMS proficient is a plus
Proficient in personal computing skills, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Ability to obtain a final Secret Clearance within 6 months of hire.
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
Nine (9)+ years hardware design, production, and analysis experience.
Experience in a variety of manned and unmanned airborne systems
Experience with airborne communications systems, including payload designs, equipment and operations and ground equipment..
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.