Northrop Grumman Principal Software/ Sr. Principal Software Engineer in San Antonio, Texas
At the heart of Defining Possible is our commitment to missions. In this rapidly changing global security environment, Northrop Grumman is looking for innovators who can build on our wide portfolio of secure, affordable, integrated, and multi-domain systems and technologies that fuel those missions. At Northrop Grumman, you'll have the resources, support, and team to do some of the best work of your career.
Are you interested in defining possible? Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking a Principal or Senior Principal Cyber Software Engineer to join our team in San Antonio, Texas.
The Software Engineer develops, maintains, and enhances complex and diverse software systems (e.g. processing-intensive analytics, novel algorithm development, manipulation of extremely large data sets, real-time systems, and business management information systems) based upon documented requirements. Works individually or as part of a team. Reviews and tests software components for adherence to the design requirements and documents test results. Resolves software problem reports. Utilizes software development and software design methodologies appropriate to the development and software design methodologies appropriate to the development environment. Provides specific input to the software components of system design to include hardware/software tradeoffs, software reuse, use of Commercial Off-the-Shelf (COTS)/ Government Off-the Shelf (GOTS) in place of new development, and requirements analysis and synthesis from system level to individual software components.
This position may be filled at either a Principal or Sr. Principal Software Engineer level based on the requirements below.
• Principal Software Engineer : Bachelor's degree in related field with 5 years of experience. Or, 3 years with a Master's degree. Or, 0 years with a PhD. An additional 4 years of experience is required in lieu of a degree.
• Sr. Principal Software Engineer : Bachelor's degree in related field with 9 years of experience. Or, 7 years with a Master's degree. Or, 4 years with a PhD. An additional 4 years of experience is required in lieu of a degree.
• Proficiency in Java software development
• Experience analyzing user requirements to derive software design and performance requirements
• An ability to develop, maintain, and enhance complex and diverse software systems
• An active TS/SCI Clearance and Polygraph are required
• Advanced degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
• Experience with virtual machine technology
• Integrating existing software into new or modified systems or operating environments
• Developing simple data queries for existing or proposed databases or data repositories
• Developing or implementing algorithms to meet or exceed system performance and functional standards
• Familiarity with common source control tools (git, Mercurial, etc.) and automated build system workflows (Jenkins, Go, etc.)
• Familiarity with Agile and DevSecOps concepts (source code management, pipelines, automated security scanning)
What We Can Offer You:
Northrop Grumman provides a comprehensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages your growth and supports the mutual success of our people and our company. Northrop Grumman benefits give you the flexibility and control to choose the benefits that make the most sense for you and your family. Your benefits will include the following:
Paid Time Off
Training and Development
9/80 Schedule at Many Sites
Additional Northrop Grumman Information:
Northrop Grumman has approximately 90,000 employees in all 50 states and in more than 27 countries, we strive to attract and retain the best employees by providing an inclusive work environment wherein employees are receptive to diverse ideas, perspectives and talents to help solve our toughest customer challenges: to develop and maintain some of the most technically sophisticated products, programs and services in the world.
Our Values. The women and men of Northrop Grumman Corporation are guided by Our Values. They describe our company as we want it to be. We want our decisions and actions to demonstrate these Values. We believe that putting Our Values into practice creates long-term benefits for shareholders, customers, employees, suppliers, and the communities we serve.
Our Responsibility. At Northrop Grumman, we are committed to maintaining the highest of ethical standards, embracing diversity and inclusion, protecting the environment, and striving to be an ideal corporate citizen in the community and in the world.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Engineering