Northrop Grumman Test Engineer - Electronics in Salt Lake City, Utah
At the heart of Defining Possible is our commitment to missions. In rapidly changing global security environments, Northrop Grumman brings informed insights and software-secure technology to enable strategic planning. We're looking for innovators who can help us keep building on our wide portfolio of secure, affordable, integrated, and multi-domain systems and technologies that fuel those missions. By joining in our shared mission, we'll support yours of expanding your personal network and developing skills, whether you are new to the field or an industry thought-leader. At Northrop Grumman, you'll have the resources, support, and team to do some of the best work of your career.
Northrop Grumman offers a challenging career opportunity in our Operations Electronics & Avionics Engineering team within the Mission Systems sector at our Salt Lake City, UT facility. Working in Northrop Grumman Mission Systems means making a direct contribution to mission projects that keep our homeland safe, expanding the boundaries of possibility and reshaping the world we live in. We are seeking an Test Engineer 2 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals.
The Electronics Test Engineer role and responsibilities include the following:
• Test development for high reliability electronic Circuit Card Assemblies (CCA's). Test methods my include ICT, functional test, flying probe, and manual testing.
• Evaluation and disposition of CCA's, including debugging and fault isolation. This may include a broad range of circuit technologies such as digital, analog, power supplies, RF, and video electronics.
• Ability to utilize basic electronic troubleshooting tools. DMM, oscilloscopes, power supplies, frequency generators, spectrum analyzers, and data collection tools.
• Analysis of test yields and trends to identify improvement opportunities.
• Evaluation of new designs for proposed test methods and test coverage.
• Reading and understanding schematics, drawings, and parts lists.
• Provide recommendations and justification for new tests and equipment.
• BS in an Electrical Engineering, Electronics Engineering, Electronics Technology, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or other STEM related technical discipline with 2 Years of experience / 0 Years with Masters.
• Familiarity with test methods such as: ICT, JTAG, Flying Probe, or other functional testing of electronics.
• Able to collaborate in a team environment and negotiate and integrate different viewpoints.
• Able to prioritize and adjust tasks to accomplish the project result.
• Able to prioritize multiple responsibilities and/or accomplishing them simultaneously.
• US Citizenship is required with the ability to obtain and maintain a secret clearance.
• Proficient in a programming language and/or LabVIEW.
• SAP experience.
• IPC Standards/J-STD-001 certification.
• Ability to troubleshoot failures to the component level.
• Experience in the test and troubleshoot of circuit card assemblies.
• Active secret or higher clearance.
• 1 or more years working in a technical or manufacturing related field.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Engineering