Northrop Grumman Mgr Subcontracts Admin 2 in Salt Lake City, Utah
The candidate will oversee all the procurement activities for the Salt Lake City location. Candidate will manage a team of individuals as a working manager and oversee the following types of duties.
Responsibilities to include but not limited to:
• Sources and procures goods and services of a category nature from many suppliers.
• Initiates Requests for Quotations and Proposals and receives same, analyzing proposed pricing from potential suppliers.
• Establishes agreements with suppliers using a mix of contract types including firm fixed price and cost reimbursable.
• In conjunction with quality organization, evaluates and monitors supplier quality and reliability, as well as supplier ability to support required delivery schedules.
• Works with internal customers to ensure specifications are appropriate for the services or products required.
• Identifies opportunities to reduce cost, improve efficiency and manage risk through targeted negotiations.
• Issues purchase orders.
• Manages performance of purchase orders, ensures compliance with FAR/DFAR regulations as well as company (and business) policies and procedures including import/export regulations.
• Employs sound business practices and assesses supplier performance as part of follow-up activities.
• Reviews and approves supplier payment as needed.
• Utilizes process tools such as Lean Six Sigma with suppliers to drive quality, efficiency and continuous improvement.
• Bachelor's degree
• 9+ years' experience in purchasing, sales, contracts, program management, or related field
• Works positively in a high-energy and fast-paced environment
• 3+ years of team lead and/or management of people
• Aptitude to communicate complex technical information to suppliers and internal customers
• Ability to work with little oversight; take ownership of responsibilities and manage and resolve supplier concerns in a timely manner
• Communicates quickly and thoughtfully through integrated team structures
• Strong interpersonal skills with a best-in-class customer service mindset
• Comfortable leading negotiations and preparing price analyses of supplier proposals
• Ability to travel up to 25% of the time
• General understanding of military procurements and regulations
• Ability to assess supplier capability and capacities
• Experience writing and negotiating Long Term Agreements and complex Terms and Conditions
• History of managing and leading a diverse group of employees with a record of proven success
• Comfort level working with MRP/ERP systems inclusive of SAP
• Strong MS Office skills
Capability to read technical drawings and documents
Knowledge of government contracting requirements and regulations (e.g. FAR, DFARS, ITAR, etc.)
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Global Supply Chain