Northrop Grumman Experimental Machinist 4 in Salt Lake City, Utah
Experimental Machinist 4
Requisition ID: 18004210
Location(s): United States-Utah-Salt Lake City
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Relocation Assistance: No relocation assistance available
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems sector is seeking an Experimental Machinist 4 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Salt Lake City, Utah.
The Experimental Machinist 4 responsibilities include:
• Plans the layout, fabrication, and testing of mechanical devices; sets up and operates any type of precision machine tool to fabricate complex parts and/or assemblies for tooling, fixturing, and factory/test equipment needs.
• Solves problems relative to work-holding arrangement, unusual materials, machine settings, tools, product specifications, and fabrication methods for production process.
• Perform high precision work to exacting tolerances.
• Work with machines that may be numerically controlled (CNC) and require full planning, programming, and setup to create complex shapes.
• Monitor and verify quality in accordance with statistical process or other control procedures.
•Associates degree and/or Certificate of Completion of a formal apprenticeship plus 10 years of experience; 15 years direct related experience in lieu of degree or certificate.
• Full competency in drawing interpretation.
• Full competency in GD&T (Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing).
• Extensive knowledge of types and uses of all typical machine shop machinery (mills, lathes, surface and cylindrical grinders, EDM, saws, etc.).
• Ability to understand and follow basic instructions and guidelines.
• Able to prioritize and adjust tasks simultaneously.
• Ability to relay and receive information and collaborate in a team environment.
• Must be able to lift items over 50lbs.
• CNC experience requiring full part machining planning, programming, and setup to create complex shapes.
• Solidworks CAD/CAM Experience a plus.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Title: Experimental Machinist 4
Location: Utah-Salt Lake City
Requisition ID: 18004210