Northrop Grumman Aircraft Rescue Firefighting Chief 1 in Saint Augustine, Florida
Aircraft Rescue Firefighting Chief 1
Requisition ID: 17022461
Location(s): United States-Florida-Saint Augustine
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
The ARFF Fire Chief/ supervisor is responsible for organization and direction of the fire department in order to ensure that loss of life, property or injury as a result of fire is prevented and/or minimized. Responds to actual or potential ground or in-flight emergencies to prevent or extinguish fires and rescue aircraft crew and passengers. Chief is responsible for directing the activities of the fire department and is the sole authority and command at the scene of a fire. The fire chief is responsible for directing all fire fighters and ensuring that all response personnel have adequate training.
1. Develop, review and implement all firefighting policies and procedures.
2. Takes command in the event of a fire in order to ensure a safe, effective and controlled response.
3. Manage all daily operational Fire department activities.
4. Recruit, train and direct the activities of fire fighters in order to minimize loss to life and property.
5. Establishes, revises, or reviews policies, procedures, and Northrop Grumman objectives to ensure operational goals are met.
6. Evaluate the performance of firefighters and ensure a high standard is maintained.
7. Ensure that firefighting equipment is inspected on a regular basis and document/report any deficiencies.
8. Supervise employees to ensure preventative maintenance on response equipment is performed.
Knowledge-Must have proficient knowledge in the following areas:
1. Firefighting techniques and methods.
2. Command and control techniques.
3. Firefighting training programs.
4. Training techniques and methods.
5. Emergency response techniques.
6. Emergency procedures, emergency first aid, and CPR.
Skills-Must demonstrate the following skills:
1. Leadership abilities including the knowledge to take full command at the scene of a fire.
2. Work with a verity of outside agencies to effectively mitigate emergencies as safely and quickly as possible.
3. Conduct routine training with adjoining agencies to protect site assets.
4. Effective verbal and listening communications skills.
5. Ability to deal effectively with people in difficult situations.
6. Time management skills.
To learn more about our hiring process for manager positions, please view our “ Selecting the Best Qualified Managers” video:www.northropgrumman.com/SQMVideo
·Minimum of a high school diploma or GED
·Minimum of 7 years experience as a firefighter
·Minimum of 2 years of ARFF leadership
·Must be certified as both a Fire Fighter II or higher (Such as Fire Chief); and ARFF
·Minimum of 2 years experience supporting emergency response to Crash/Fire emergencies
·Must have a valid Class E Driver’s License
·Must have an active ATF Explosive License in order to manage storage and movement of flammable or explosive materials.
·Minimum of 1 year experience managing budgets and schedules of ARFF personnel, equipment acquisitions, different fire protection budgets, firefighting budgets, or specialized rescue equipment.
Desire experience with incident command of ARFF Firefighting operations
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Title: Aircraft Rescue Firefighting Chief 1
Location: Florida-Saint Augustine
Requisition ID: 17022461