Northrop Grumman Staff Engineer Test Planning, System Test -5643 in Roy, Utah
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION: Yes
RELOCATION ASSISTANCE: Relocation assistance may be available
CLEARANCE TYPE: Secret
TRAVEL: Yes, 10% of the Time
Join Northrop Grumman on our continued mission to push the boundaries of possible across land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace. Enjoy a culture where your voice is valued and start contributing to our team of passionate professionals providing real-life solutions to our world’s biggest challenges. We take pride in creating purposeful work and allowing our employees to grow and achieve their goals every day by Defining Possible. With our competitive pay and comprehensive benefits, we have the right opportunities to fit your life and launch your career today.
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you’ll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Staff Test Planning Engineer. This position will be located in Roy Utah and will support the GBSD program. This role may offer a competitive relocation assistance package.
What You ’ ll Get To Do:
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Sr. Principal Test Planning Engineer for the System Test Team organization. This position will be located in Roy, UT and will support the Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) program. Learn more about the GBSD program here.
Functions of this role include:
• Develop and execute the integrated test strategy of the program.
• Synthesize test requirements into verification requirements, test objectives, success criteria, and required resources for system level tests and demonstrations.
• Support the development of test requirements and detailed integration test plans, test information sheets (TIS), test procedures, test readiness reviews (TRRs), test data and test reports.
• Execution of qualification and acceptance testing per those requirements, plans and procedures.
• Develop test enabling product requirements (i.e,, MGSE, EGSE, test instrumentation, test facilities).
• Creation of test ConOps flows that maximizes the utility of test resources while meeting schedule and technical requirements and/or constraints
• Effectively communicate and present to project and program management, technical stakeholders, peers, and customers.
• Participate in internal and customer test planning working groups.
• Support program reviews and customer delivery (CDRL) development
• Lead test planning campaigns through major program milestones and/or mission threads
Travel is expected up to 10% of the time to support test planning and execution activities.
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
• Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
• Educational Assistance
• Life Insurance
• Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
• Paid Time Off
• Health & Wellness Resources
• Employee Discounts
This position’s standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
You ’ ll Bring These Qualifications:
• Bachelor's degree and 14 years of engineering experience; or a Master’s of Science in a (STEM) Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math discipline with 12 years of engineering experience, or PhD and 9 years of engineering experience.
• Working knowledge of test engineering principles and processes
• Active DOD Secret Clearance with completed investigation within the last 6 years
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience with MBSE, SYSML or UML
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
• Master’s Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) or related discipline with 12+ years of relatable work experience
• Active DOD Top Secret Clearance
Knowledge of system integration and test principles and processes
• Knowledge of Systems Engineering principles, DOORS database, requirements decomposition and allocation
• Understanding of Northrop Grumman test processes and tools
• Understanding of Model Based System Engineering principles, working experience with CAMEO or another modeling tool such as IBM Rhapsody
• Prior experience in missile program test planning
required for most positions.
Salary Range: $134,400.00 - $201,600.00
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
We are a pioneering company.
With careers across all areas: air, cyber, land, sea and space – our 90,000 employees work as one to defend and define the future. Northrop Grumman careers and internships are as varied as your interests, with a lifetime of potential that will give you every opportunity to do your best work. Working together with people from many backgrounds, personal passions and disciplines, we share a drive to push the boundaries of science, technology and engineering to meet the ever evolving needs of our customers worldwide.