At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you ' ll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Senior Principal Industrial Engineer. This position will support the Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) program. This position will be based in Roy, UT . This role may offer a competitive relocation assistance package.
What You ' ll Get To Do:
• Utilize strong foundation in Industrial Engineering fundamentals and principles of capacity (efficiencies, standards, constraints, etc.)
• Leverage knowledge of manufacturing flows and how they interface with shop floor and Global Supply Chain
• Utilize project and manufacturing schedules
• Leverage understanding of schedule waterfall build with setbacks to independent demands
• Utilize experience with labor standard development and work measurement
• Experience with Facility layout and have the ability to visualize and layout routings
• Part of the responsibility can include factory and facility layout
• Leverage experience with cost management (Earned Value, Milestone payments)
• Engage and collaborate with programs and functional organizations (from individual contributors to executive staff) to obtain, understand, and interpret manufacturing facilitation and scheduling requirements
• Document, track and monitor problems to ensure a timely resolution
• Leverage strong organizational, planning and decision-making skills and the ability to work as a team member and with other members from different technical backgrounds
• Use effective verbal and written communications skills
• Ability to manage multiple priorities and self-starter
• Present (PowerPoint, speaking in front of upper management, technical presentations vs overviews)
• Visualize and layout routings (Flow chart, Excel, etc.)
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
• Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
• Educational Assistance
• Life Insurance
• Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
• Paid Time Off
• Health & Wellness Resources
• Employee Discounts
This position ' s standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
You ' ll Bring These Qualifications:
• Bachelor ' s degree in a STEM related field and 9 years of experience; 7 years of experience with a Masters; 4 Years with PhD
• Must have U.S. Citizenship with the ability to obtain an interim Secret Security level clearance pre-start, with the ability to obtain a final Secret Security level clearance post-start.
• Experience with manufacturing, scheduling, and capacity analysis.
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
• Leverage experience with Systems Test and integration a plus
• Active DoD security clearance
• Have a working knowledge and understanding of Industrial Engineering
• Be proficient in the principles of capacity (efficiencies, standards, constraints, etc.)
• Have experience with project and manufacturing schedules
Salary Range: $101,600 - $152,400
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.