At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a PBACM Test - Staff Systems Test Engineer. This position will be located in Roy, UT or Huntsville, AL and will support the Sentinel - Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) program. This role may offer a competitive relocation assistance package.
What You ' ll Get To Do:
PBACM Systems Test Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals to support the development, integration and testing of a missile system. To help plan and verify PBACM test systems requirements and to support the qualification and acceptance testing of the PBACM element during its qualification and acceptance testing.
• Collaborate with other IPTs to define test objectives and test requirements for test activities in the System Integration Labs.
• Help to develop, plan, and execute qualification and acceptance test plans, as well as supporting design and test audits and reviews.
• Support developing the detailed integration test plan (ITP) along with the test traceability matrix (TTM) working with flight design, analysis, and systems engineering. Review and understand the flight design.
• Support the generation of test procedures and test readiness reviews (TRRs)
• Candidate will author system-level test information/planning sheets (TIS) based on allocated requirements in coordination with flight engineering.
• To help to produce test conops flows that maximizes the utility of test resources while meeting the stringent schedule and technical requirements.
• Being able to effectively communicate and present to project and program management, other technical managers, technical peers and customers
• Support the RTEs on floor who are running floor ops during the implementation of various tests supporting verification and validation of test flow down requirements.
• Generate and support test data decomposition and test reports to other IPTs. Assist in consolidating and processing of final test data for requirements verification/model validation sign-off in DOORS and the RVAM.
• Support systems engineering in the implementation of all of the test requirements, test plan data, procedure data, and test results data into the GBSD RVAM database.
• Support the implementation and release (and be the focal) for PBACM I&T's documentation into CPML along with processing through the program's review boards.
• Provide technical oversight by working alongside management to guide, grow and mentor the I&T junior team members
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
• Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
• Educational Assistance
• Life Insurance
• Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
• Paid Time Off
• Health & Wellness Resources
• Employee Discounts
This position's standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
You ' ll Bring These Qualifications:
• 14 Years with Bachelors in Science; 12 Years with Masters; 9 Years with PhD. An additional 4 years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
• US Citizenship with an Active Secret Clearance or higher (awarded within the past 6 years)
• 10+ years demonstrated knowledge of mechanical and/or electrical test practices and processes of spacecraft or missile systems.
• 5+ years' experience in writing test plans, test procedures, and test requirement specifications (a primary job function for this position)
• 5+ years' experience working through test requirement verifications from verification requirements provided by systems engineering (a primary job function for this position).
• 10 years' experience actually working a test on the high bay floor with technicians and other engineering disciplines.
• 5+ years test design and test H/W design experience (design and analysis of MGSE/EGSE).
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
• US Citizenship with an Active Top-Secret Clearance or higher (awarded within the past 6 years)
• Direct experience using the DOORS Requirements Management Database
• Direct experience using the NX and/or CATIA V5
• Knowledge of CAMEO and/or MBSE principals, CPLM and RVAM
• Experience working with test instrumentation (strain gages, accelerometers, LVDTs, load cells, etc) and data acquisition systems (SDAS & DDAS)
• Experience performing electrical testing of spacecraft and/or missile systems using test sets performing C&H check outs, power system functional checks, G&C system checks and validation, safe-to-mates, payload integration and checkout (antenna/RF), etc.
• Experience performing mechanical testing of spacecraft and/or missile systems performing static loads testing, shock testing, modal testing, vibration testing, acoustic testing, EMI/EMC testing, and propulsion system hot fire testing (system level).
• Experience in rudiments in mechanical and electrical engineering fundamentals applied to spacecraft and/or missile design and analysis.
• Previous experience with testing of integrated complex mission systems including space, ground, and other system elements.
• Experience with overall test design, design of MGSE and EGSE, and utilization of instrumentation, DAS and test S/W.
• Knowledge and experience with EGSE, electrical functional testing of spacecraft and/or launch vehicle systems
• Previous systems engineering experience working with test engineering
Salary Range: $122,500 - $183,700
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority . The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/ .
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Apply Now Search All Jobs