At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking to hire a Sr. Principle Engineer Systems - Directorate Process Modeling Lead to its team of diverse and qualified individuals. These positions will be located in Roy, UT and will support the Sentinel (GBSD) program. Learn more about the Sentinel program here . Northrop Grumman supports the Air Force's sustainment, development, production and deployment of hardware and system modifications for Intercontinental Ballistic Missile (ICBM) Ground and Airborne Launch Control Systems, Launch Facilities and associated infrastructure
As a Technical Leader, Architect, process engineer and process change facilitator, the qualified applicant will assist in the development of an integrated, multi-dimensional, and maintainable process model, focusing on Engineering processes but also supporting other functional areas related to program execution (Program Management, Quality, Supply Chain, Production, Logistics, Business Management, etc.).
This position will be located in Roy, Utah and will support the business portfolio for the Strategic Deterrent Systems Division which includes the Sentinel program, Minuteman III programs and related business development.
• Develop Process Flows
• Create and release standard processes into the modeling tool in the form of process maps, architectures, diagrams, resources, storyboards, landing pages, etc.
• Integrating cross-functional processes covering the entire program lifecycle
• Decomposing & sequencing activities, de-conflicting process overlaps, and developing new content to fill process gaps
• Identifying giver/receiver artifacts and deliverables
• Clarifying roles and associating process aids
• Communicating with Integrated Product Teams (IPTs), functional teams, and other stakeholder organizations to ensure process intent, best practices, and lessons learned are captured
• Supporting process modeling tool administration
• Supporting program deployments of the process model to ensure the process needs of programs are being met
• Tailoring standard processes according to unique program requirements
• Facilitating the application of controlled changes and configuration management on program-tailored process models
• Applying program model updates resulting from standard process changes
Establish strong working relationships
• Integrate across programs and functions
• Understand issues from multiple viewpoints
• Influence without authority while navigating program and organizational landscapes to lead diverse teams in achieving breakthrough results
• Quickly assimilate information that is being delivered verbally
• Articulate information in a process format and communicate in a precise manner using English (written and verbal)
• Demonstrate emotional intelligence and facilitation skills
• Demonstrate competence with complex software applications
• Learn and demonstrate understanding of lean concepts
• Demonstrate a high standard of accountability to function autonomously, with little direction, supervision, or oversight
• Work collaboratively on a team
• Demonstrate willingness to learn, adapt, and tackle hard problems
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
Paid Time Off
Health & Wellness Resources
This positions standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
This role may offer a competitive relocation assistance package.
Sr.Principal Systems Engineer : bachelor's degree with at least 9 years of related systems engineering experience, 7 years with a master's degree.
Experience in process development work
Expertise with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
Demonstrate competence with complex software applications
Learn and demonstrate understanding of lean concepts
Ability to obtain a DoD security clearance (clearance not required to start)"
Experience with architecture modeling
Experience with process analysis, gap analysis, and solution generation
Experience in working with cross discipline teams and stakeholders
Experience in a breadth of related cross-functional disciplines
Experience in process authoring, mapping, modeling and auditing
Experience in SysML or similar modeling languages
Process modeling experience with TIBCO Nimbus tool or similar software
Active DoD Secret clearance with ability to achieve Top Secret Clearance"
Salary Range: $112,000 - $168,000
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority . The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/ .
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Apply Now Search All Jobs