Northrop Grumman SDS Advanced Programs Engineering Visualization Professional in Roy, Utah
Embark on a career generating and maturing innovative, trusted, and affordable advanced concepts and technologies that fulfill our nation's strategic deterrence needs allowing for the capture of, and low risk transition to, new development and upgrade programs. Northrop Grumman Space Sector Strategic Deterrent Systems Advanced Programs has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in the future of a national strength that has kept the world without global conflict for seven decades and counting. With us, you'll discover a culture of innovation, corporate and partner collaboration, and commitment to mission that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our Strategic Deterrent Systems cross generations and keep our nation strong and world safe 24/7/365 in an evolving global environment.
Northrop Grumman Space Sector Strategic Deterrent Systems Division is seeking a Engineering Visualization professional. This position will be located in Roy, UT and will support the Advanced Programs Systems Analysis organization. The position reports to the lead of Advanced Programs Systems Analysis Organization and interfaces with other Advanced Programs Core Organization members. The Advanced Programs Systems Analysis core organization is envisioned to provide systems engineering, system architecture, modeling, simulation, and analysis, life cycle cost analysis, threat analysis, user capability gaps, and leadership of analysis of alternatives and interactive conceptual and preliminary design cycles.
What you'll get to do:
• Provide technical contributions focused on engineering visualization to a growing Advanced Programs team of analysts, architects, and modelers focused on leading an advanced design team through system level conceptual and preliminary design and technology maturation for obsolescence and capability upgrades to existing deterrent systems such as Minuteman III and Ground Based Strategic Deterrent as well as new advanced concepts for future deterrence needs in the areas of ballistic and cruise missiles, nuclear command, control, and communication, and support systems/subsystems such as cyberdefense, security, decision aides, etc.
• Lead engineering visualization of SDS Division and Advanced Programs systems and advanced concepts to portray in multi-media fashion concept description, attributes, and engineering details to a range of audiences varying from engineer to senior Department of Defense leaders.
• Demonstrate a commitment to ethics and integrity, and the capability to innovate while challenging traditional ways of doing business
• Operate in an advanced design environment and collaborate across the Space Sector Divisions and other Sectors as required to accomplish the team goals
• Transition innovative solutions, technologies, and advanced concepts for US strategic deterrence interests to programs of record for product development and fielding.
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Sector, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
• Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
• Educational Assistance
• Life Insurance
• Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
• Paid Time Off
• Health & Wellness Resources
• Employee Discounts
This position may have a 9/80 work schedule available. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off as the mission allows.
You Will Bring These Qualifications:
• Bachelor's degree in STEM or a related multi-media technical discipline
• A minimum 5 years of related experience with a Bachelor's degree, 3 years with an Masters
• Experience with working with engineers on DoD weapon systems conceptual and preliminary design, particularly related to design analysis cycles, system level cost versus capability trade studies, and multi-design discipline integration
• Experience with modeling and simulation tools and processes especially the generation of 3-D animation and graphical representations using NX, Unity, and Houdini
• Experience with incorporation of digital engineering information in visualization products such as animations, virtual, and augmented environments including sourcing from CAD (NX) and other digital engineering tools
• U.S. Citizenship and an active Secret DoD Security Clearance with a periodic reinvestigation closed within last five years
These Qualifications Would Be Nice to Have:
• Active Top Secret DoD Security Clearance
• Experience with Northrop Grumman Aeronautics and Space Systems Sector engineering visualization
• Experience with Maya and other visualization applications
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Engineering