Northrop Grumman Northrop Grumman (DoD Skillbridge) GBSD - Sr. Principal Program Planner in Roy, Utah
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
The GBSD program has an opening for a Program Planner to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This is a Program Planning position, not a scheduling position. This position will be located in Roy, UT and will support the Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) program. Learn more about the GBSD program here
What You'll Get To Do:
Responsible for the IMP development and maintenance.
Responsible for the IMS structure design and integration process
Act as a Subcontractor IMS integration process design and implementation
Responsible for the baseline planning leadership, metrics development, and schedule risk assessment.
Candidates who express an interest may be considered for future positions at Northrop Grumman.
Responsibilities for this internship requisition position are:
The Northrop Grumman Military Veteran Program (NG-MVP) is an approved SkillBridge Program under Dept. of Defense Instruction 1322.29. The NG-MVP is an opportunity for service members to gain valuable civilian work experience through specific industry training and through individual internships during the last 180 days of service. Any rank, enlisted or officer, may apply for SkillBridge. SkillBridge participants are not eligible for compensation from Northrop Grumman, as they continue to receive military compensation and benefits as active-duty service members. Your unit Commander must authorize participation in NG-MVP prior to start of internship.
NG-MVP is a program that will bridge the gap for transitioning service members and is held 3 times a year at various Northrop Grumman installations around the country. Service members will gain valuable experience and training throughout their internship with a potential opportunity to gain employment with Northrop Grumman upon completion of active duty service obligation.
•Has served at least 180 days on active duty
•Is within 180 days of separation or retirement
•Will receive an honorable discharge
•Has taken any service TAPS/TGPS
•Has attended or participated in an ethics brief within the last 12 months
•Received Unit Commander approval to participate in DoD SkillBridge
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
• BA/BS degree in engineering, business, or related field with experience relevant to the position as described above
• 10+ years experience in Program Planning or engineering working on program planning activities for complex programs
• Demonstration of a strong understanding of project management and earned-value management principles and their application to complex projects
• Experience in a government contractor manufacturing or engineering development environment.
• Experience with Monte Carlo schedule risk assessments and analysis
• Experience leading program teams through baseline planning activities
• Experience managing givers/receivers across subcontractors, IPTs, and customers
• Experience with IMS structure design and integration process across a complex program with multiple subcontractors and IPTs
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• The ability to receive unit command approval
• Current, active DoD Secret level security clearance is required
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
• Experience applying integrated program planning and management methodologies within an Earned Value (EVMS) environment on a complex program with multiple IPTs and subcontractors
• Experience with Oracle Primavera Risk Analysis software
• Familiarity with the NDIA's Planning and Scheduling Excellence Guide
• Experience in Aerospace and/or Defense programs and familiarity with Integrated Program Management Report (IPMR)
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Program Management