Northrop Grumman GBSD Systems Test Engineer in Roy, Utah
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Enhanced Ground Test (EGT) System Test Engineer for the Flight System Test Team. This position will be located in El Segundo, CA and later Roy, UT and will support the Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) program. Learn more about the GBSD program here.
This position will ultimately be located in Roy, UT as of January 1, 2022. In the interim the position will be performed primarily from El Segundo, CA. Specific arrangements relative to relocation to be determined based on the candidate location.
What You'll Get To Do:
Seeking full-time System Engineer to support Guidance subsystem ""test-like-you-fly"" scenarios for GN&C Inertial subsystem demonstrations in vibration & shock, centrifuge rocket sled and aircraft flight environments.
Responsibilities include developing Test Requirements, Test Plans and Procedures, along with integration and checkout plans of test equipment and guidance subsystem components into various test cells. Entails working closely with GN&C analysts, test equipment developers and test facilities.
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
• Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
• Educational Assistance
• Life Insurance
• Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
• Paid Time Off
• Health & Wellness Resources
• Employee Discounts
This position's standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
• BS degree in Electrical, Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering or other STEM discipline, and 2 years of experience, or MS with 0 years of experience
• Experience writing test plans and procedures
• Experience writing and executing test plans and procedures
• US Citizenship with an Active Secret Clearance or higher (awarded within the past 5 years) able to obtain SAP clearance
• Familiarity with aircraft or space guidance, navigation and control systems a plus
• Familiarity with unit and system environmental level testing (dynamics and thermal) a plus"
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Engineering