Northrop Grumman GBSD Systems Engineer/Principal Systems Engineer in Roy, Utah
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking Systems Engineers. This position will be located in Roy, UT and will support the Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) program. Learn more about the GBSD program here.
Performs technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems. Analyses are performed at all levels of total system product to include: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal. Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints. Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
Strong, open communicator with systems and mission engineering emphasis with specific interest/experience in systems engineering processes. Understanding of Information Technology is desired.
In this role you will:
• Provide technical solutions to a wide range of complex difficult problems. Solutions are imaginative, thorough, practicable, and consistent with organization objectives.
• Works under only general direction. Independently determines and develops approach to solutions. Work is reviewed upon completion for adequacy in meeting objectives.
• Contributes to the completion of specific programs and projects.
• Have frequent inter-organizational and outside customer contacts. Represents the organization in providing solutions to difficult technical issues associated with specific projects.
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
• Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
• Educational Assistance
• Life Insurance
• Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
• Paid Time Off
• Health & Wellness Resources
• Employee Discounts
This position's standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
This requisition may be filled at a higher grade based on qualifications listed below.
This position may be filled at the Engineer or Principal level.
Basic Qualifications for Systems Engineer: Bachelor's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics discipline from an accredited university with 2 years of experience or a Master's Degree in a Science, Technology, or Engineering disciplines from an accredited university with no work experience
Basic Qualifications for Principal Systems Engineer- Bachelor's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics discipline from an accredited university with 5 years of experience
• Active DoD Secret clearance granted/investigated in the last 6 years
• Experience with CAMEO, Rhapsody, Systems Architect, PTC Integrity or other similar COTS packages
• Experience establishing product requirements, design of IT systems
• Experience with Teamcenter
• Strong background in systems engineering design, testing, troubleshooting, and the process of the engineering review board
• Modeling and Simulation Experience
• DOORS or similar Experience
• DEVSECOPS Experience
• Agile Experience (SCRUM or SAFe®)
• Familiarity with IEEE 15288, 12207 or equivalent SDLC processes as well as with ITIL, NGC security requirements, services and enterprise solutions
• Technical Experience with ERP/SAP system, Manufacturing Execution Systems, Engineering Solutions, Product Line Engineering, TeamCenter • Current • Top Secret with SAP/SAR level access
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Engineering