Northrop Grumman GBSD - Systems Engineer/Principal Systems Engineer - Software Requirements, Verification and Analysis in Roy, Utah
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Systems Engineer/Principal Systems Engineer to join the Command and Launch Team supporting Software Systems Engineering. This position will be located in Roy, UT and support the Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) program. Learn more about the GBSD program here .
What You'll Get To Do:
Successful candidates will participate in software requirements, verification, and analysis. The selected engineer will be experienced working in requirements repositories and model based system engineering.
The selected engineer will work with the test team to develop software systems and tools.
This position includes:
• Model Based System Engineering with an understanding of DODAF and SysML
• Ability to create and maintain requirements in DOORS
• Understanding of testing methodologies to assist with the validation of test cases
• Ability to derive/allocate requirements from high level requirements
• Engineering software systems for safety concise environments
• Generation of applicable documentation, software user manuals and presentations
• Interfacing with customers, program management and technical staff
• Problem resolution and improvement recommendations
• Occasional travel to Northrop Grumman and Government locations within the United States
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
Paid Time Off
Health & Wellness Resources
This positions standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
"This requisition may be filled at a higher grade based on qualifications listed below."
"This requisition may be filled at either a Systems Engineer or Principal Systems Engineer.
Basic Qualifications for Systems Engineer:
Bachelor's Degree in a STEM field (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics or Software) from an accredited university with 2 years of experience; 0 year with a Masters.
Basic Qualifications for Principal:
Bachelor's Degree in a STEM field (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics or Software) from an accredited university with 5 years of experience; 3 years with Masters: 0 years with PhD
Basic Qualifications for both Systems and Principal Systems Engineer
• Experience using Model Based System Engineering
• Experience using Requirements repository (i.e. DOORS)
• Active Secret clearance granted within last 6 years, with ability to obtain and maintain Top Secret clearance
• Experience in system engineering on a real time operating system
• Experience verifying software to meet safety standards
• Exposure to the Agile methodology
• Active Top Secret security clearance granted within last 6 years
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Engineering