Northrop Grumman GBSD - Systems Engineer/Principal Systems Engineer - MBSE Architecture and Interface in Roy, Utah
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Systems Engineer/Principal Systems Engineer to join the Command and Launch Team. This position is located in Roy, UT and supports the Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) program. Learn more about the GBSD program here .
What You'll Get To Do:
The successful candidate will support the Architecture and Interface team for the Command and Launch (C&L) Systems Engineering & Integration (SE&I) team. This position is responsible for the development of interface products within a Model-based System Engineering Environment. This individual will collaborate with both internal and external teams (developers, system integrators, system testers, system requirements engineers) to support delivery of interface design products. This individual will also maintain technical cognizance of subsystem interdependencies in support of maturing ICD's for identifying and resolving gaps. This individual will incorporate cross-IPT feedback to support the development and approval of the products.
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
Paid Time Off
Health & Wellness Resources
This positions standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
• Systems Engineer: Bachelor's Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) discipline and 2 years of engineering experience; 0 years with Masters Degree
• Principal Systems Engineer: Bachelor's Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) discipline and 5 years of engineering experience; 3 years with Masters Degree; 0 years with PhD
Basic Qualification for both Systems and Principal Systems engineer
• Active DoD Secret security clearance with an investigation date within the last 6 years
• Candidate must have the ability to obtain and maintain specific program access
• Previous Systems Engineering experience and understanding of the systems engineering 'V'
• Previous experience in Software and Hardware design
• Previous experience in documenting Interface Control Documents, Interface Requirement Specification, and Interface Description Documents.
• Experience using tools to model large systems with multiple developers.
• Experience in the military aerospace development environment is preferred.
• Experience with weapon systems
• Experience with Model-based Systems Engineering (MBSE)
• Experience with CAMEO EA
• Experience with Architecture languages such as UPDM, UML, SysML.
• Experience exporting documentation out of a Model-based environment.
• Experience with Agile Development
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Engineering